Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am just wondering why my 85 indy 600 bogs. It will do fine if it is not in deep snow or climbing, but if I run it slow and take off it just bogs. I am running 250 main jets.
Does this have any thing to do with the clutches. I have a blue spring (dark) and m-10 weights (I think) the p-clutches spider looks in good condition. Should i put heavier weights in. Oh ya it only tops out at 60 [email protected] rpms. Also what about the needle seats and pilot jets should they be stock even though it is bored to highest cc it can.
I know there is alot here, but I will appreciate any help. I am sick and tired of this machine boggin. It did it all last year as well.
Thanks again

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
I think both of your clutches need a good tune up, and check the angles on your helix.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Check the condition of your clutches as was said by ZRT. Now make sure your belt is adjusted in the secondary correctly. It should ride 1/16" above the sheeves. Start there....if this doesnt solve the problem we can start to look at carbs, sync, and jetting.

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
I don't know to much about this, but don't Polaris's have a slight bog in the clutch when they are stock, that's what a few people told me, but as I said I ain't sure, so if anybody knows do they.

·
Registered
129 Posts
sound like socondary spring is too loose ...try in a tighter hole...this will let yure sheaves close faster and keep yur rpms in the power range.

"v65 brute force"

·
Registered
38 Posts
I had all the same problems last year. in the shop three times. final answer from shop was machine will never work 100%.
After hanging out here for awhile and doing lots of reading/studying I took it apon myself to give it a shot myself. first thing I did was totally dissasembled carbs. new jets, thorough cleaning. etc.
Second step was clutches. dissasembled secondary and cleaning. it was a mess inside. got primary tuned up as good as I could, it's alittle worn though. I also noticed all boogie wheels were stiff and some seized. fixed that. geased all shafts and the 'ol indy 500 works better than ever. My only comment is that any '85 machine need TLC. and most shops aren't going to be willing to give it. For me I think it was a combination of many things mainly clutches and carbs. I later switched to a different primary spring too, just cause I wanted a little jumpier take-off. So Far So good.

·
Registered
287 Posts
spud, this is outstanding. Excellent example of going through the whole sled and making sure everything is right, and fixing what isn't.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts