Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nothern Mi. Craigslist ad.



2001 POLARIS XCSP 600

-FASTEST PRODUCTION SLED OF THAT YEAR!
RED- 198 WOODYS PICKS
SHORTY RED WINDSHIELD- 8" CARBIDES


http://nmi.craigslist.org/rvs/1838250160.html


I wonder what he means by that,,,,,quickest, fastest, fastest 600 cc,

Fast to me means top speed and I'm pretty sure a XCR 800 will kick its booty across the lake.
Those early EV 600s were strong,but somebodys exaggerating here.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,973 Posts
I owned an '01 600xcsp, that thing had some ballz but wasn't the fastest stock. Hotseat Chubby, 136"x1.25" finger track, 22-40 gearing, Heelclicker clutch kit and it was pretty fast then. Easily 115 on the speedo in 8" of fresh snow with hardpack underneath.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
443 Posts
the guy is just trying to sell his sled so ya he is going to try to make it sound like it is a great snowmobile to have and that it is though as nails
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
369 Posts
Yea, I would hope he was talking about the 600 class. Yamaha had the SRX 700 out that year and I would put money on the 700 triple with stock triple pipes over the twin 600.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,791 Posts
I saw that the other day on craigslist...I think what he ment is that was the fastest year for those 600...which I would have to disagree. The 00 where the fastest for drag because of the xtra10 [:D]

^be careful what you say...I beat an 00 SRX700 and his brothers Viper last year in our little neighborhood field with my little 600.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,016 Posts
KRSS144 said:
^be careful what you say...I beat an 00 SRX700 and his brothers Viper last year in our little neighborhood field with my little 600.
Was it an SRX or an SXR, VERY big difference.

If it was an SRX, tell him to get that thing looked at. [confused2]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,791 Posts
SRX, I have been helping him this summer getting it where it should be.

"Its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog."
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,969 Posts
KRSS144 said:
I saw that the other day on craigslist...I think what he ment is that was the fastest year for those 600...which I would have to disagree. The 00 where the fastest for drag because of the xtra10 [:D]

^be careful what you say...I beat an 00 SRX700 and his brothers Viper last year in our little neighborhood field with my little 600.
a 110hp 600 twin vs. a 140hp triple? sounds like somethings off there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,791 Posts
In 600 feet you dont need 200 hp...all you need to do is get your traction and beat them off the line.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,016 Posts
Customized89Trail said:
KRSS144 said:
I saw that the other day on craigslist...I think what he ment is that was the fastest year for those 600...which I would have to disagree. The 00 where the fastest for drag because of the xtra10 [:D]

^be careful what you say...I beat an 00 SRX700 and his brothers Viper last year in our little neighborhood field with my little 600.
a 110hp 600 twin vs. a 140hp triple? sounds like somethings off there.
You mean a 145 HP triple.

KRSS144 said:
In 600 feet you dont need 200 hp...all you need to do is get your traction and beat them off the line.
Well you never said you were only racing 600 ft. [confused] 1/4 mile and that SRX should whip you like a red headed step child.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top