Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,293 Posts
hmmm are you going to buy one of these two?? well they are both equal to me..

·
Registered
55 Posts
I own a 97 formula 380(same engine as the new mxz's) and it tops out at 110 111 kph. thats as fast as it goes unless u wanna blow it up trying. I also think maybe if you use racing fuel or something that u might be able to go a little faster. I havent driven the arctic cat but mine has two 30mm carbs and z370s(at least the new ones) only have one carb and im not sure the size

·
Registered
749 Posts
Well first of all, racing fuel will not make you go any faster. Racing fuel is only used for engines with high compression.Last winter i drove a brand new z 370 and it would only go 55mph. I don't know why you would want an engine that small. I had a polaris 500 twin carb fan cooled sled that would go 90mph and i still was never happy with that. As far as your question goes the ski-poo would be better. It would work much better than the arctic cat. I f it were me i'd go for the ski-doo.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
if I had to go for one of the 2 (which I wouldnt) I would go with the skidoo... I have a 377 safari ( not by choice) its what was handed to me... Trust me, you want way more sled. If your gonna spend the dough get atleast a 440 or 500... minimum!

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Hey those Safari 377's may not of been the fastest or best performing sleds on the snow (they were'nt designed to be), but they flat out ROCK. Talk about reliable and bullet proof!

Back in high school, a buddy of mine had one and beat the living pi$$ out of it. The thing never died and kept coming back for more.

I'm sure you'll upgrade in due time SledHead. In the mean while.....enjoy that Safari. IMO they're one of SkiDoo's best produced machines.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
If you are going for the A/C go with the 440Z they are at least a twin carb fan and a blast for ditch banging. They are really light and easy to handle. Don't know about the top speed but 80 or so should be no problem and the suspension is great.

·
Super Moderator
11,293 Posts
you will grow out of the 340-380cc class fast...that 97 mxz would be a good sled..

·
Registered
19 Posts
i havn't rode a mxz 380 or what ever, but my 2002 z-370 is basicly bulit proof i got it in 2003 and put almost 6000 miles on it i have not had any problems with the sled at all.

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
Originally posted by timber_twitch
[br]i havn't rode a mxz 380 or what ever, but my 2002 z-370 is basicly bulit proof i got it in 2003 and put almost 6000 miles on it i have not had any problems with the sled at all.

i also have a 2002 z-370 that thin is INDESTRUCTABLE!

and i put it through ALOT

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
nope nothins done to it. justs tock. i love playin around on it. sometimes ill pick it over the sabercat!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
i have a sabor cat too its nice but i still like the 370 better but i have only had the sabor catt for 400 miles or so and im not realy used to it

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
well you might have two sweet sleds[:)]

but you sure can't spell.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts