Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gang,

I'm thinking of a summer project, and I'd like to turn my '98 XC600 into a long tracker, to have a sled to ride in mid altitude mountains and to go bushwacking in the woods etc.

What would be a good track selection for this? The area I ride is in the Adirondack Mountains of NY, which is nothing like the Rocky Mountains, but I need something more than the stock 121" track.

I was thinking of either a 136" x 1.5" Lug or a 144" x 1.25" or 1.5" lugs. Let me hear your advice, thanks.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Camoplast has a track selection part on their site.
Input your sled, and where you ride.
http://www.camoplast.com/index.php?section=products_2_1&lg=en

·
Registered
957 Posts
If you can make it work I'd go for a 144" x 1.5" But I'd think you're deffinatly going to need a tunnel extenion as well as rails..... maybe just rail extenstions for 136" Also not so sure how well your 600 would turn a 1.5" x 144"

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
he'll need a tunnel extension for anything over 121". His 600 would turn that just fine, them 98 600s are a big block, pretty strong.

-Dean

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks alot for the input guys. After boondocking some this weekend with a '95 Indy Trail, I really need my 600 back with a boondocking setup. I got stuck good and proper, and the snow was nearly waistdeep off of the broken trails...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts