Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I have a 2001 Polaris XC SP 600 and they guy I bought it from had a Hot Seat Perf. Boost Bottle put on it. I was wondering if this actually helps with fuel economy, improves performance, and all that other good stuff the websites say it helps with? Are they that helpfull in these areas? What would be the best place to get new Carbureator boots for this sled? I have cracks right at the base of where the bottle connects into the boots, small ones, you have to push the bottle back to see them. I figured not a good thing to have, regardless of how small they are. I am looking for a good place to get new ones. Thanks to any advice.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,109 Posts
Take it off and plug/seal the holes.. A well known tuner said that on the 600 VES motor the boost bottle actually hurts performance of the 600. Those who have tried aftermarket boots say they don't last as long as Polaris boots.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
tnmemr said:
Take it off and plug/seal the holes.. A well known tuner said that on the 600 VES motor the boost bottle actually hurts performance of the 600. Those who have tried aftermarket boots say they don't last as long as Polaris boots.
thanks for the info. If I buy polaris boots and plug the holes I should be good to go then? Do all boots come with the holes for the bottle? I'll price some polaris ones out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,958 Posts
snowman69 said:
tnmemr said:
Take it off and plug/seal the holes.. A well known tuner said that on the 600 VES motor the boost bottle actually hurts performance of the 600. Those who have tried aftermarket boots say they don't last as long as Polaris boots.
thanks for the info. If I buy polaris boots and plug the holes I should be good to go then? Do all boots come with the holes for the bottle? I'll price some polaris ones out.
New carb boots do not have holes in them for boost bottles, you can probably save yourself some money by just plugging the holes in the ones you have, just make sure they are SEALED GOOD, and like said above, that bottle is doing you no good on that motor and most likely is hurting the performance.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,109 Posts
The new boots will not have the holes in for the boost bottle. The tubes will be there but the holes not cut through.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok, by the sounds of things this bottle is doing me no good. Would a good silicon rubber sealant do the trick if there is such a sealant? what would you guys recommend be the best way to seal off these holes? Thanks for the info. Much appreciated!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
718 Posts
just get new boots for them. it'll be much more worth it than trying to fix up cracked ones. piece of mind. just imagine some of that sealant coming off and sucked into your engine...ouch..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ya, figured i would just buy new ones. I can find some for 50 bucks for the pair. Probably be better. Thanks for the info everyone.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
slamdry said:
send me a pm if you want to sell the boost bottle and boots when you take them off
Hey slamdry,
I will do that. It might be end of season or later, I have a few more priorities to fix before that because they are decent for now. Not sure if you want them soon rather then later.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
slamdry said:
nah im not in any rush whenever you get to it.
slamdry,
when i get to them they are yours. I will let you know when I get them off. I believe I would like to do the transaction through pay pal if thats ok with you when the time comes. Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,226 Posts
A VES 600 may lose some performance like said. If you had a Non VES 600 twin then yes a boost bottle would be a good investment those Non VES 600's were known to have a low end bog with out a boost bottle.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Mad-Boondocker said:
A VES 600 may lose some performance like said. If you had a Non VES 600 twin then yes a boost bottle would be a good investment those Non VES 600's were known to have a low end bog with out a boost bottle.
Mad-Boondocker,
Sounds good. I had a 2000 RMK 700 non-ves with a boost bottle on it and that thing ripped pretty good. I miss it.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top