Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
supposed to equalize pressure between each cylinder.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
equalises preshure between carbs which means better throttle response in the end.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Equalizes the pressure between carbs. Some people say they work and some say they do not so there are mixed views out there I know they work on the big block Polaris engines

·
Registered
432 Posts
Yes, it's just a hollow plenum basically, so it doesn't "DO" anything, but allow any backpressure thru the carb throat, to spill over to the intake of the other carb.

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
Since you have it on there leave it on, its helps with the low end burble that the big blocks with keihins have. What boost bottle do you have?

·
Registered
93 Posts
ive seen a boost bottle with a nitrous jet in the top of it so there good for somethin

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Right now I couldn't tell you haven't really looked at it. I just noticed it and didn't have a clue what it actually does. Won't I have to take it off because I blew a head gasket and need to replace it.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Rednecksnowmobiler said:
Right now I couldn't tell you haven't really looked at it. I just noticed it and didn't have a clue what it actually does. Won't I have to take it off because I blew a head gasket and need to replace it.
Uh, I don't think you would need to remove it, it shuold only be connected to your carb boots, between air box and carb body.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts