Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't get me wrong. I love the performance on my 800, but hey.......Don't all love to tinker?

Does anyone know of some low cost, performance boosting tips? I am saving the higher cost boosting additions for next season....after my warranty is expired. LOL I guess I am mostly looking for a low end power boost. I am not that experienced, but it seems a little sluggish on the low end. Anyway, any tips would be welcome.

Live to Ride! - FrozenSmile

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
It sounds like a clutch kit would help you out the most. I don't know where your budget is set at but if your sled is not studded that could be a big improvement as well.

2002 Arctic Cat ZR 800 EFI

founding member of the Arctic Cat Mind Control Team......you will believe!!​

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any ideas on where I should go to check out clutch kits?

·
Registered
181 Posts
I got some pipes for my 95 XLT Special just for mid range mainly, but they helped a lot for low end. I have SLP Triples. I love em. And the sound is to die for

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
I'm not that familiar with polaris clutch experts....anybody?

2002 Arctic Cat ZR 800 EFI

founding member of the Arctic Cat Mind Control Team......you will believe!!​

·
Registered
268 Posts
You can get a custom clutch from HOT SEAT performance. Twin PSI Pipes would really help out in the low end, as well as V-Force Reed Valves.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ride Snowmobiles, baseball, bowling, and golf require only ONE ball!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Erlandson performance, Goodwin performance, Hi-tech Engineering also have clutch kits.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
If you check out the January issue of SnowGoer the have package deals (page 54) from $300 or less all the way up to $751 to $1500. They are for the 600 XC SP but most of there info should apply to the 800 I assume!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think I will work on the clutch, jet and boost bottle methods first. I dont know.... the reeds sound important also. All I know right now is, my 800 is lacking in the hole. I want to fly out of the hole and worry about the landing later.

Go big, stay big. Waiver and fail.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts