Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Traded dirtbike for 2015 pro rmk 163. I live in an area where we consistently get 4-5 feet of snow every winter have some decent back country and great groomed trails with small amounts of powder to kick up. I don’t do any mountain riding and only got the sled because it was a great deal. I am coming off of a 2005 Arctic cat m6 153 and I’m worried about the long track. Should I be? Also I’m only looking for advice from people who have driving 163s before thanks

·
Super Moderator
11,693 Posts
You're looking at a 10" difference in track length. At best, that's 5" more track on the ground. Not something I'd be worried about.

I think the fact that you're upgrading several years is going to be more noticeable than the extra track length. The Polaris is much more ergonomic and much easier and more comfortable to ride, in my opinion. At least off trail, anyway. It probably has a higher center of gravity making it a little tippier on the trail.

A few years back I went from a 155" up to a 163". The main differences? One, the 163 is more controllable/predictable when climbing or sidehilling in deep snow and, two, the 163 takes a little more effort to get off the ground when jumping. Trail manners I didn't notice much difference. They're both terrible in the twisties. 😆

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You're looking at a 10" difference in track length. At best, that's 5" more track on the ground. Not something I'd be worried about.

I think the fact that you're upgrading several years is going to be more noticeable than the extra track length. The Polaris is much more ergonomic and much easier and more comfortable to ride, in my opinion. At least off trail, anyway. It probably has a higher center of gravity making it a little tippier on the trail.

A few years back I went from a 155" up to a 163". The main differences? One, the 163 is more controllable/predictable when climbing or sidehilling in deep snow and, two, the 163 takes a little more effort to get off the ground when jumping. Trail manners I didn't notice much difference. They're both terrible in the twisties. 😆
thank you that made me feel much better

1 - 4 of 4 Posts