Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been looking for a bike for my woman for awhile and one local finally came up that was in great shape. 99 Honda Rebel with 11k on it. I am now teaching her how to ride it. Wish I could get her into an MSF class but they are booked for months. I have not detailed it yet. I rode it home 30 miles and she rode it around the yard a bit ago.
201041211241702_521.jpg 201041211250311_521.jpg 20104121132124_521.jpg

·
Super Moderator
11,279 Posts
Nice little starter bike for sure,does she seem to enjoy riding?

·
Super Moderator
15,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
^ I am sure we will do some small ones.
RMK-KING said:
Nice little starter bike for sure,does she seem to enjoy riding?
She likes driving but gets sick of riding on the back of my SV. Don't blame her. So I figured I would buy this thing and she can try it out. None of my buddies ever want to ride or do trips. She shows interest so perhaps she is my new riding partner for trips and such. I would rather ride with her than nobody 100% of the time. Me and her do nothing together besides sleep in the same bed so this is something we can do together that I like to do. No, I am not becoming that guy who has his wife with him all over the place. I am just that guy that is sick of people saying they don't want to ride.

·
Super Moderator
15,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
201042123857167_521.jpg
I put a new exhaust on my bike last night and I polished up hers some today. I also have it all legal now, cost me 225 bucks! I hate NY.

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
What size engine? I bet if she ends up liking the sport she'll want something bigger in a hurry. Still looks great to learn on

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
Nice looking little bike, good beginner for her! I am guessing by the looks of it, and its chain drive, that its a 250? My wife started riding a couple years ago, she took the safety course, and here when you take it you don't have to do the driving part of the test at the DMV, you pass the course, you get your license.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Good for her Matt! I could give you lots of advice here but won't[:D]

The one thing I'll say is to make sure she has FUN and do things at her pace, I'm not talking about speed. Its great to have a couple of bikes in the garage but look out and be carefull as to what you do to your bike. It gets expensive when she starts seeing things to put on her ride. I speak with $$$$$$$$ of experiance.

·
Super Moderator
15,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You guys are right.. It is a 250. It is gutless to anyone that has ridden any sort of bike BUT it is a learning cycle and gets 80 mpg so some people love it for just commuting. Its the only bike her 5.2 frame allows her feet to touch on. She loves it, she logged her first 50 miles today. I took her to a parking lot also and had her doing figure 8's in both directions and a bunch of start stops. Took her on some hilly twisty roads too. I need to order her some gloves and good boots. She has a jacket I gave her. Need to get some pants too. MSF course would be great if they were not booked solid for 3 months. I'll have her trained and she will have her license thru the DMV before then after taking the driving test.
I am teacher her to do not care about cars around her while she is learning, if they get pissed, OH WELL. I also told her if she is not comfortable to turn, do not turn, sit there and wait.

Ride to haydays? LOL.. after 2 trips to haydays, I think I am done with it unless I bite the bullet and fly. Driving there from NY sucks and taking a bike there would be even worse.

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
[highlight=yellow]
arcticcatmatt said:
Its the only bike her 5.2 frame allows her feet to touch on.[/highlight=yellow]

What about a chopper? LOL![:D]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts