Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I went and checked out a sled. The guy had a pretty cheap price on it so I figured I'd call on it and see. Turns out the guy was selling it because he was in an accident about six years ago and his back just can't take it anymore. He was the original owner of the sled and he snow checked it with some pretty nice goodies. It's a 2004 Polaris XC SP 600 with 1649 miles, an M-10 suspension, reverse, electric start and a plug in for a heated shield. He also gave me a matching jacket to go with the sled. The only thing it needs is a bath and a skid plate, I already took the 2 inch riser off my '99 and put it on this one.

201052192818683_19079.jpg
201052192957246_19079.jpg

Also forgot to add that it has a 1.25 inch track with 144 woody's studs and dual carbides as well.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I figure with the M-10 in it that it will be an amazing ride on the trails, and will be night and day compared to the '99 I have. Now the long wait until winter.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
how much ya get it for? and nice truck, duramax?

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
bj.hardy said:
how much ya get it for? and nice truck, duramax?
I paid $2500 for it, I thought I made out pretty good in the deal. No, not a duramax it is an '03 GMC Sierra 2500HD. It's my dad's, he was nice enough to let me use it to pick it up since our trailer is not currently registered.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
those lower sleds, and with that M-10 you will be able to MOVE on trails.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Good for you man, ENJOY!!! [thumb]

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
With the suspension, the track, and the studs I can't wait to see how much better it is on the trails compared to my other sled.

ultrawillie said:
Good for you man, ENJOY!!! [thumb]
Thanks, I have worked very hard the past six months to be able to save up for a nice sled like this (not trying to say that others don't).

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Not a Polaris guy, but those are incredible trail and rough trail sleds. Once the long summer wait is over, you will be tearing through the corners with that thing. After you get a few hundred miles on it, you should take your old sled out and then you'll love your new one even more!

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My old sled currently sits in pieces waiting to be looked over well and get a good cleaning so that I can sell it.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
i loved my M-10 it rode unreal after i set it up to my liking, play with it, it took me a while but i got mine set up pretty nice for me! :)_ AN yea thats a nice truck, im looking at a 07 2500 duramax cc sb,

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think the way the suspension is set up will be perfect. He has it set for 300 pounds and he told me he weighs about 270, I weigh about 220 and I like the stiffer feel. Who knows though I might even knock it down a click or two. Everyone tells me the m-10 is the best suspension out there so I can't wait to try, of course it will be a while though LOL.

·
Registered
449 Posts
polaris_xc_racing said:
I think the way the suspension is set up will be perfect. He has it set for 300 pounds and he told me he weighs about 270, I weigh about 220 and I like the stiffer feel. Who knows though I might even knock it down a click or two. Everyone tells me the m-10 is the best suspension out there so I can't wait to try, of course it will be a while though LOL.
I just got rid of my 2000 xcsp w/xtra ten... Great trail sled, but very rough on the hind end. I am looking for exactly what you have found my friend. I rode a buddies edge last winter, and was blown away with the way the M10 felt. And the search goes on. Great find. Oil and gas, and give those bearing plenty of grease, and you have a great worry free machine.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Needmosnow said:
polaris_xc_racing said:
I just got rid of my 2000 xcsp w/xtra ten... Great trail sled, but very rough on the hind end. I am looking for exactly what you have found my friend. I rode a buddies edge last winter, and was blown away with the way the M10 felt. And the search goes on. Great find. Oil and gas, and give those bearing plenty of grease, and you have a great worry free machine.

mines for sale! [thumb] ann i got the shorty seat on her [:D]

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
How do I clean the VES valves? I pulled the cover for it off and was lost. There's a spring inside and there is a cover over the valve. Anything I need to watch for with these? I don't know anything about these VES motors, never had or messed with one before.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts