Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i ran accross a deal in the buy and sell last week. a '98 summit 670x with extrovert drivers, teflon sliders, and a 141"x2" track for $3500 O.B.O. so i called the guy up, he still had it, i went to look at it. i figured it would be a bit beat-up for that price, but i'm pretty handy, and i can fix stuff up pretty well. turns out this thing is in wicked condition. not a scratch on it. the track is one of those crazy fingerd tracks. the extroverts, teflon sliders, and track have only touched the snow 6 times. practically brand new. it has a yellow belly pan, and yellow low profile cobra windshield that have never seen the snow. it also has an ekholm gas rack on it. on top of all this, it starts on the first pull every time, and idles perfectly. it has reverse too, which i know adds a bit of weight, but it sure is handy. i went over this thing with a fine toothed comb to try and find anything wrong with it, to use as bargaining power, but it was absolutly perfect. in any case, i brought 3 grand cash with me. i figured i would offer the 3 grand, let him counter offer, and then go and get whatever the differance might be from the ATM. he took my offer of 3 grand cash. the poor guy was down on his luck and needed the money really bad. this is canadian dollars i'm talking about. is it just me, or did i just get a damn sweet deal? i have a few pics. if someone can tell me how to post them, i'll show you guys what this sled looks like.

dave m

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
go into the bugs&glitches forum,polaris-man as posted how to post pics he has pictures of how too also

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks ken420. posting pics in this forum is a heck of a lot easier than some of the other forums i have visited.

so anyhow, here she is. i stopped at my buddies place on the way home. unfortunatly it was dark, but i think you will still get the idea. after next weekend i'll have some action shot for ya.

/snofan/../images/users/DaveMartin/davenew1.jpg
/snofan/../images/users/DaveMartin/davenew2.jpg
/snofan/../images/users/DaveMartin/davenew3.jpg

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Nice deal. i got my 98 mxzx 440 lc for 2 grand and it only has 1300 miles on it. the only things that are wrong with it is that there are a couple straches on the hood!

·
Registered
328 Posts
That looks like an awsome deal. You'll love that finger track, they climb way nicer than regular tracks. They are also easier to control going downhill.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
HOLY CRAP!!!
i took it for a rip today and i love it! once again, she started on the first pull. reverse sure makes unloading easier. had it up to 130km/h on the trail, and she still wanted to go faster. that track hooks up like crazy. i took it for a quick hill climb through 1-1/2' of untouched powder, and at no time did i feel like i was going to get stuck. it carves like a dream. i was laying down turns to the point where my leg and shoulder were touching the snow, and it felt so effortless. i love this sled! this is going to be the longest week of work ever. i can't wait for the overnight trip my buddies and i have planned for next weekend.

dave m

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Originally posted by summitteer
[br]That looks like an awsome deal. You'll love that finger track, they climb way nicer than regular tracks. They are also easier to control going downhill.
Unless your riding on alot of hardpack or crusty snow a finger track will never compare to a paddle in deep fluff. Anyway Dave great buy, I'm sure you like the power and torque of the 670 over the 440!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ya, i was already questioning what the finger track was going to do in the deep fluff. it seems like it would let a lot of snow "slip through its fingers", so to speak. but one thing for sure is that it is a thousand times better than what i'm used to.

yes i am definitly liking that extra tourque. the 440 pulled pretty good from 0-60km/h, but this thing pulls hard ontill over 110km/h. can't wait to see just how fast it will go.

i didn't realize how expensive these teflon sliders are. i was thinking they would be about $100 at the most, but the prices i found on the net are over $300. i was reading the testimonials on hiperfax.com, and everyone that has them noticed quite a differance in durability, top speed, and fuel milege. i'm glad i have them.

dave m

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
did everyone else have the same kind of weekend we had out here?? tonns of fresh snow and not a cloud in the sky. and not to mention, a new sled to ride!!! i love it.

/snofan/../images/users/DaveMartin/heropoint.jpg

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Judging by the pic it looks like you were loving it!! Yeah we got another 2 foot in the mountains, snow all week in the forcast...this winter sucks lOl. Glad to see you like the new ride, by the way how did you like the finger track???

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i'm really liking the track. i thought that my buddy's 700 rmk with a 136"x2" lug track climbed well, but my sled beats the hell out of it. my track isn't really all that much longer,(141")and he has 30cc's more displacment than me, but i can highmark over him any time. this track really hooks up hard on the packed trails too. me and my buddy with the summit 800 lined up on a straight stretch of trail, and we were dead even ontill 100km/h, or so, then he started to pull on me. both of us have totally stock motors, but i have the track, teflon sliders, and extroverts. i'm guessing that these parts make quite a bit of difference since the sled i was up against has 130cc more motor.

dave m

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Well glad to see it's living up to your expectations, but don't discount that 670 though!! It's a screamer...anymore pics from the ride?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
/snofan/../images/users/DaveMartin/crowdave3small.jpg
/snofan/../images/users/DaveMartin/crowdave4small.jpg
/snofan/../images/users/DaveMartin/crowpaul3small.jpg

1 - 20 of 38 Posts