Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I didn't get the renegade. I did go there thinking that's what I was going to get though. But when I looked at the 2008 Polaris IQ 600 RR... There was the whole suspension ripped off and I wanted to shy away from it but, the shock is fine and all the suspension ripped off at the welds on the actual a-arms. No chassis damage whatsoever. It ran great, reverse works. So my dad told me to go for it. After some negotiation, we paid for it and are picking it up on Wednsday. I'm going to have to get a new belly pan though (the side part?).

2010925161337187_25770.jpg
2010925161338312_25770.jpg
2010925161338671_25770.jpg
201092516133993_25770.jpg
2010925161340140_25770.jpg

He said he was told it had 800 miles on it (of course that could be wrong). He also said he was thinking about keeping it for himself but couldn't get his mind around the fact it was a polaris.

I'll be taking it into the shop, tearing it down and going through it.

Anyways, I'm pretty stoked this has always been my dream sled and never thought I'd be able to afford it, I have lots of plans for it once I get it paid off. My dad's got lots of jobs for me so I can start paying back what I borrowed from him.

I'll take more pictures of the sled when I pick it up. Now it's time to shop for parts.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
11,677 Posts
Congrats on the buy. Hopefully it is as simple of a fix as you make it sound. Don't be surprised if you find more problems when you start digging into it though, some things are just never as simple as they present themselves to be. Best of luck! [thumb]

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Hope you got it real cheap, looks like it could very easily be problematic.

·
Registered
6 Posts
ArcticCatZR800 said:
Not really the nicest thing to say about a sled they just bought...

Nice! I had one of those. The biggest mistake I made was selling it.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Not sure if this applies to the RR, but go to the Polaris website and look at the race tips and make sure the sled you bought has the updates. There is an important bracing that goes on the bulkhead that supports the lower A-arms. My 06' IQR didn't have it done and I broke the lower arm mounts out of the bulkhead. Turns out landing on rocks are hard on equipment, nobody plans on doing to but sometimes sh*t happens

Chad

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Polariss said:
ArcticCatZR800 said:
Not really the nicest thing to say about a sled they just bought...

Nice! I had one of those. The biggest mistake I made was selling it.
Didn't mean it bad, could turn out to be the best decision ever made, what I meant was make sure you go over EVERYTHING good, wouldn't want it to leave you stranded.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dragon700 said:
Congrats man! You will love the new sled. Bellypan shouldnt be too bad
Yeah that and it will be $450 +/- to get parts for the suspension depending on whether I can get them used or not.

The shock has the top little piece broken (The top part of where it mounts) so I have to either weld the piece back on or get that new part. And since walker evans are expensive, I might weld it together for this year then actually get the part next year.

And all those monster cans/most of the stickers will be coming off.

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
2008121005756171_19673.jpg
It should look like that when you get done with it!

Still wanna shoot myself for sellin that one!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
About time you made a decision!! Looks like a fair price for what you got, hopefully you don't find more problems other than the obvious.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
sledneck1978 said:

Can I ask how much you sold it for?

PolarisBoy1996 said:
About time you made a decision!! Looks like a fair price for what you got, hopefully you don't find more problems other than the obvious.
Yeah and I'm glad I went for this one instead of the cheaper one.

ArcticCatZR800 said:
Cheap for me is going to be expensive for you because of where we live.

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
wakeboarderboy said:
sledneck1978 said:

Can I ask how much you sold it for?

I paid 9 for it (Brand new)...

_Got 9 back outta it but as you see it was picked, ultra Q can, C&A'S, and the bar setup. I rode it a few times pretty hard. My biggest mistake was that i never tried the stock skis. The C&A'S made it steer on trails like garbage. That made me not like it. I know now that those skis are made for tracking ruts and thats about it.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The one ski is bent and the part where it mounts is broken on the one side. I have some brand new campolast skis (I know, garbage) that I'll put on it. I want to know what it's like to have a descent set of skis on a sled but I can't afford that this year.

This one is picked too, I only looked briefly but it's (excuse my lack of knowledge) the studs where two come out of the one little thing? I saw a couple broken ones but the track looked fine.

·
Registered
863 Posts
looks good man, congrats.
hopefully you'll have it ready for snow.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
wakeboarderboy said:
The one ski is bent and the part where it mounts is broken on the one side. I have some brand new campolast skis (I know, garbage) that I'll put on it. I want to know what it's like to have a descent set of skis on a sled but I can't afford that this year.

This one is picked too, I only looked briefly but it's (excuse my lack of knowledge) the studs where two come out of the one little thing? I saw a couple broken ones but the track looked fine.
Try and sell those Camoplast skis and get a pair of something else, they are worse than garbage. They will not last 10miles.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Ok you say the shock has a crack in the eye? I would get it too a good tig welder, should be as good as new. Too be totally honest if it's done properly I would ride it like it is no questions asked. A good weld is stronger than the base material. I hope this sleds works out good for you. Can't wait to see some pics, as iqr's are the only sled I like from poo.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts