Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a rumble pack can for my 02 XCSP 800ves, how much power do you think i will be losing when i bolt on my new silencer...Thanks

·
Registered
5,400 Posts
Not enough to notice.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Agreed. You wont gain anything like they say. You could possibly loose a few hp, but the weight loss is the main advantage.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your input, when i put it on i will make a sound clip for you guys

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
You will lose some hp... I have a Rumble pack on mine and I can only pull 7700 RPM on the topend with it... thought it may have been my clutching changes that did it, but I put my stock can back on to test and can pull 8100 RPM with it. Although I love the sound... I'm not sure if it's going back on.

·
Registered
5,400 Posts
Hey edgerider, is your sled bogging at that RPM?

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Originally posted by Triple650Indy
[br]Hey edgerider, is your sled bogging at that RPM?
Is that for me Triple? I wouldn't say its bogging at the high RPM... just doesn't seem to have the grunt to pull those RPM's.
It eventually does after it rolls out past 80mph it will slowly creep up to 7900. I may be able to get rid of this by jetting but I'm not sure. I did a high speed run and shut the sled off and checked the plugs for lean condition. It actually still looked a wee bit rich. I haven't played with it any more as of yet.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Your probably blipping the throttle a lot more with the can. Youd be suprised how much extra youll get on and off the throttle for that sound.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts