Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Administrator
1998 XCR 440
13,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased that truck today, IMO it's really nice. I'm pleased. Certainly rides nice, good power.

I'll take some pics tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
How many miles are on the your new truck? I hope the smaller V8 pulls a trailer ok for you. I have a Ford Expedition with a 5.4 in it. I pulled a 4 place trailer last weekend up to my cabin with 40 landscape timbers on it. I figured I had close to 4000 lbs on the trailer and I was real surprised on how well it pulled. The last time I pulled a trailer with a small V8 it pulled ok but it only got about 7 miles to the gallon and worked the hell out of the motor. God luck with the new truck. Riley

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
cool truck p-man, you'll like it alot. the 4.6 and 5.4 outpull the old v-8s by a bunch. they have a bunch more torque. i've been with ford for 13 years, so if you need any info on it, let me know..........

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
I never drove anything but a Ford until last year. Had 100K on a 97 F150. It will pull just fine. Great truck, could't get my local dealer to realize that I didn't want a fancy decked out truck when I was in the market to replace so bought a new Ram1500. We'll see how it holds up before I'm converted.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Looked at your other post and that is the same color as the one that I owned. I had 100K trouble free miles you will be very happy with that truck for what you are going to use it for.

·
Administrator
1998 XCR 440
13,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No pics today, didn't have any time.

I'm sure it will pull 2 sleds alright, my neighbor has a Ford with the same engine as mine, and his has no trouble.

It has 116000 Kilometers on it, which is really next to nothing, my dad has a 1995 F-150 with 269 thousand trouble free kilometers.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
72079.06 miles. You should have a lot of life left. Good luck with it.

I drive chevy's but as far as I'm concerned you can't go wrong with any of the big 3 "North" American trucks.

·
Registered
66 Posts
P-man
[8D] I have that same truck with the 5.4L and towing package. You can just about pull anything you want and still decent milage. I have a 4 place steel enclosed trailer and when I pull it full I still get around 11 mpg. Enjoy it You can't go wrong with Ford trucks.

·
Administrator
1998 XCR 440
13,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I posted these in the wrong topic before, so here they are in the right one.

/polarisman/../images/users/Polaris-Man/mytruck1.jpg

/polarisman/../images/users/Polaris-Man/mytruck2.jpg

/polarisman/../images/users/Polaris-Man/mytruck3.jpg

/polarisman/../images/users/Polaris-Man/mytruck4.jpg

·
Super Moderator
11,293 Posts
very nice..I know you dont like modding stuff but some dual exhaust "flowmasters" with crome tips would look sweet coming out the back..IMO

·
Registered
412 Posts
That's a nice looking truck. Those pictures could have been taken here in Essex County; flat as far as the eye can see!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts