Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Weather Channel is reporting a predicted warmer than average November. Until the people unite and boycott the reporting of warm winter forcasts things will never change. I am sick and tired of warm winter after [email protected]##y winter. It is also being reported that this will be another El Nino year. How much of this are we gonna take? I say we refuse to watch any of their forcasts until they begin predicting cold and snowy winters. There are things that can be done. Haul one of those Connecticut sized ice bergs into the Pacific and cool than da*& el nino off. They will never change until people stop watching. Snowmobilers unite! We can make a difference! Feel free to list other offenders. Tom Skillet of the Chicago Tribune and WGN TV is also reporting a warmer trend. Fine! I won't read the Trib anymore. Put that in your pipe and smoke it!

I want to ride every day, all day, as fast as I can.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts

GO HARD, OR GO HOME - IF YOU COME TO A FORK IN THE ROAD...TAKE IT

·
Registered
837 Posts
have you looked at www.accuweather.com they have a lot of snow prediction pages and wat will come each day, i just started looking at theres last week and i like it more then weather.com

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
By the way, Discover Magazine (September 2002 issue) is predicting a mini ice age to begin in ten years or so and last for hundreds of years. This is the kind of journalism I expect. Everyone buy Discover magazine. Once everyone sees the trend they will all start predicting ice ages!

As for accuweather. I like it but it gives you 50 pop-ups. So irritating!

·
Registered
837 Posts
get the pop up stopper program it works good, all you have to remember is when you want a windom open you have to hol ctrl or shirt http://www.panicware.com/product_downloads.html do the free edition thats all you need, it is the 3rd one down

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
It seems pop-ups have taken over the internet....they are so F#$&*^g annoying! I use Pop-Up Stopper Pro also, works well.

Just once, i would like to have an average winter. It feels like it's been 4 years of warm crappy winters.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
One of the great areas to snowmobile in Ontario (Sudbury) which is usually where alot of people flock to when there is no snow in the rest of the civilized province got no snow till the end of January last year. UNHEARD of. I will join the boycott. Soon the "Great white north" will just be called Canada

·
Registered
425 Posts
Bladeguy, I'm not sure if boycotting TWC will work but I will tell you this, about 2 weeks ago I was watching TWC. They were talking about the early snows in the upper great plains. One of the meteorologist asked the "Winter Weather Expert" Dr. Paul Cosin what he thought about the winter to come. Dr. Cosin stated, "With El Nino being weak and if the current weather pattern continues, it will be a busy winter for me. That is my gut feeling." So take it for what it's worth. On the other hand, someone else here mentioned Accuweather. I followed an Accuweather column by Meteorologist Joe Bastardi all last year. It NEVER, NEVER, NEVER snowed when he said it would. My friend and I started calling him Joe Bast#$%!

Again for what it's worth! Keep thinking and praying for SNOW! In North East PA we are supposed to get out first of the season!!!!

* Polaris * ......... The Way Out!

·
Registered
837 Posts
we have t main new stations and the one meterioligst loves snow and i think he has like a snow club i just think thats cool that a main tv guy is on our sides, and you know what pisses me off the most is when people that live in areas that git snow usually like here in ND complain about snow and hate it when it comes, if you don't like snow git the f*ck out, go live in florida with all those other complainers and old people

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
i live in ND......I LOVE SNOW.....I CANT GET ENOUGH SNOW...i remember being lil b4 i was introduced to sleds and me and my bro had the biggest snow forts, coverering our whole back yard, which is not small as i live on a farm, and we had tunnes connecting and everything......drifts were so damn big, now my yard stays flat all witner.....

When's Winter Coming Back?​

·
Registered
412 Posts
I live in Windsor, Ontario which is sometimes called the "sunbelt of Canada". I remember one winter about 25 years ago when the snow was so deep that the drifts at the side of the road by my parent's farm were up to the hydro wires. They couldn't get through the road with a snow plow and had to use a front end loader.

I remember riding with my brother in his buddie's jeep, flying down that road that was only cleared wide enough for one vehicle and you couldn't see what was coming because of the bends in the road. I still get the heebee-jeebee's thinking about it!
Of course, that's when we still thought we were immortal...

Now we're lucky to get enough snow to have to clear the driveway.

Jacqui.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
I actually wouldn't mind a mild November, but only since usually there's not enough snow to go riding anyways. My two seasons are 75 degrees and sunny or 25 degrees and snowing...none of this bs nipply weather with no snow. Can't ride the sled, or the bike and that sucks

Win if you can...
Loose if you must...
But NEVER stop trying!

·
Registered
155 Posts
I have read the Farmers Almanac, watched the news, weather channel, listened to the old guys, everything. Guess what. Everything is different. I just hope for the best.

Live to Ride! - FrozenSmile

·
Registered
117 Posts
I'm all for the boycot. I never watch, nor rarely listen to weather forecasts.
They can't even predict what it's going to do this afternoon let alone 2-5 months from now. It's the only job I know of that you can be wrong so often, yet still keep your job.

HOTROD- It's strange you talk about Sudbury last winter not getting snow untill the end of January. The Southern Snow Riders Snowmobile Club and surrounding clubs received 24" in a 24 hour period on Christmas Day last winter and it lasted for over a month. They had sledders coming down from as far away as Bracebridge. This area is on the shores of Lake Erie (Actually the southern most snowmobile club in all of Canada.) and are usually lucky enough to get a ton of lake effect snow.

Lets hope for a great winter this year. We all love this sport too much to give it up. However, the expense is getting harder to justify every year.

Jeff

RIDE SAFE - RIDE SOBER

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Here in IL we had a day and half of riding last year. Thank heaven there is Lake Superior and the U.P. or I wouldn't have found a way to ride 3500 miles last year. My other half was pissed though because I was gone every weekend.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts