Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey i got a set of boyesen power reed pedals and im wondering if anyone else has put them in?if you did, did they do very much and what did you have to change for jetting?

·
Registered
453 Posts
They make a little bit of a difference, I noticed it leaned a wee bit at idle, richened it up, good as new.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok thanks ya i already went up from a 40 to a 45 on the pilot and i heard it may richen the main so i got 390's.you just test it by baring it then checking the plugs correct?

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Not the same machine, but I just installed the dual stage ones Saturday on a '98 ZR 600 and the owner said the throttle is more crisp. That's going from the factory ones. Oh, the sled is EFI, so can't really help on the jetting.

·
Registered
453 Posts
2001xcsp500 said:
ok thanks ya i already went up from a 40 to a 45 on the pilot and i heard it may richen the main so i got 390's.you just test it by baring it then checking the plugs correct?
Yes, check a couple of throttle positions, most importantly 1/8, 1/4, 1/2 and full throttle. When checking run it as said, shut it off still on the throttle, pull plugs look for cardboard color.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
alrighty guys thanks alot ill attempt this tomorrow, hopefully it isnt off jetting to much

·
Registered
453 Posts
You really shouldn't have too many issues. Personally, I think you would've been better off leaving the 30 pilots in, I don't think it would've been that far off that you couldn't make adjustments by adjusting the air screw. Try the 35 and see what it does, if anything, you could lean out the air screw a little to give it a little bit more pep off idle. Keep us updated!

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well i got them in today and i started it up bogged down like a mother so i leaned the pilot air screw abit till it had more pep,feels good now and the plugs are carboardy blackish for the pilot so ill leave it and the main seems fine to no bog on t and the plugs are more cardboary then the pilot id say.should i leave it?they may have done alittle bit but not alot of difference eh?

·
Registered
453 Posts
I'd maybe step it back down. Idle isn't that big of a deal to run a wee bit leaner than anywhere else in the throttle band, only because a wee bit leaner is better than a wee bit richer at idle as far as starting and warming up go...Stick the 30's back in and check it again. Just my .02

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
2001xcsp500 said:
Well i got them in today and i started it up bogged down like a mother so i leaned the pilot air screw abit till it had more pep,feels good now and the plugs are carboardy blackish for the pilot so ill leave it and the main seems fine to no bog on t and the plugs are more cardboary then the pilot id say.should i leave it?they may have done alittle bit but not alot of difference eh?
That is a fuel screw on the Mikuni flat slides. A screw between the motor and the butterfly/slide controls fuel. A screw betwwen the butterfly/slide and the bell of the carb controls air.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ohhhhhh ok thanks tnmemr i think i turned the wrong screw then?so where exactly is the other one?

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
On the Mikuni flat slides that you have there is no air screw.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Oh ok well i also was gonna ask if anyone knew what the stock carb settings were like needle postions etc?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts