Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
which plugs do you use in your 600 xlt tripples some people say one some people say the other.
which do you use and why?

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
In my triple, I run the BR8ES. I've used the BR9ES in other sleds and kept fouling the plug, due to it being a colder plug I believe. The 8's I've never had a problem with, nor have I ever fouled an 8 on my triple.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Depends if you have 38 mm carbs. br8es for 38's and 9es for 34's.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Originally posted by SKSPolarisIndy
[br]In my triple, I run the BR8ES. I've used the BR9ES in other sleds and kept fouling the plug, due to it being a colder plug I believe. The 8's I've never had a problem with, nor have I ever fouled an 8 on my triple.
same here

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I ran the BR9EYA in my 1995 XCR 600 because it was frequently fouling the regular BR9ES that you're supposed to run in them, might I add. The BR9EYA has a has a split electrode and is still a NGK number. Its supposed to burn more completely and create a stronger spark.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
^^^^those were designed by and for cat....

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
I run br9eix. which is a Iridium plug and they clame will not foul.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Originally posted by xcr440
[br]^^^^those were designed by and for cat....
And your point is what? It seems like your following ever single fricken post I make and trying to make it sound like I am a complete idiot. I was trying to help this guy out and you have to respond to my post about how something was designed for Arctic Cat. Personally I dont care if it was or not. I never said it was designed for Polaris now did I? I didnt think so either.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
I was just stated a fact like it or not. Are you still sore about the cluthing thread???

Some people like to know why some plugs are how they are.
Go cry to someone who cares.

I am not making you out to be an idiot. What does me stating who/what they were designed for have to do with you getting all pissy.

Damn man go take some midal, is it your time of the month or what....

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
BR9es in my Special, so far so good, ran 10 below to 35 above, havnt fouled a plug yet

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
Originally posted by edgex600rider
[br]
Originally posted by xcr440
[br]^^^^those were designed by and for cat....
And your point is what? It seems like your following ever single fricken post I make and trying to make it sound like I am a complete idiot. I was trying to help this guy out and you have to respond to my post about how something was designed for Arctic Cat. Personally I dont care if it was or not. I never said it was designed for Polaris now did I? I didnt think so either.
Holy jumpin' bud, settle down, looking at the post above you are your own worst enemy, you do a fine job of making yourself look like an idiot by posting a little baby rant like that. Self conscious or what?

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
Spark plugs......put what your manual says in the sled, end of story. I'll skip the popcorn atlas, need a beer.[:D]

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
when i bought my xcr it had 8's all i had layin around was 9's threw em in and cleaned it all up havent had a problem with the 9's ....yet...

·
Registered
193 Posts
depends on how I ride....I actually have had problems with NGK in my sled....I think they are making them cheaper because they just don't last as long as the good old champion RN2C/RN3C (crossed from br9es/br8es)...I've went an entire season without having to change a set of champion plugs in my indy, but the NGK's only last a few weeks then the sled gets hard to start and eventually fouls up. Is it just me who notices the champions are better plugs?

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
We had issues with ngk's in the early 90's. WE were going through them by the box. Dealer would send the bad/fouled ones back to supplier. Not sure how it turned out but I know we quit using them for awhile. N

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
Originally posted by harmankardon35
[br]depends on how I ride....I actually have had problems with NGK in my sled....I think they are making them cheaper because they just don't last as long as the good old champion RN2C/RN3C (crossed from br9es/br8es)...I've went an entire season without having to change a set of champion plugs in my indy, but the NGK's only last a few weeks then the sled gets hard to start and eventually fouls up. Is it just me who notices the champions are better plugs?
Me to ,I use to run them (ngk) ,but been running Champions, infact alot of sleds call for them because they are a dual heat range plug

·
Registered
11 Posts
Excuse the ignorance, but what do you mean "dual heat range"?

I just purchased a 97 XLT that had br9es, put in brand new ones and fouled one in less than 15 miles. Manual calls for 8's. Judging from earlier post, the 8's are hotter? Less likely to foul?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts