Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[blue]SCROLL DOWN FOR REPORT![/blue]

Me and my father just made reservations at the knotted pine inn in isabella...Hopefully my digicam works, this will be it's first sled trip. Wont be bringing the video cam, won't be alot of action to film with just me and my dad. Anyway, we leave tomorrow AM, and i'll be back sunday evening with lots of pics hopefully! It's gonna be hard to sleep tonight!

-Dean

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
This was posted by the owner (Dan) of the Knotted Pine in Isebella, MN, on Monday the 23rd, at another site.

We have 10-12 inches of cover now and the trails are open, NOT GROOMED JUST OPEN and CLEARED. I rode the YUKON trail South today for about 25 miles (the end of the snow cover) and about fifty miles of the forest service roads (there in good condition) If you rlooking to ride Isabella is the place to go NO B.S. Dan

I live about 1 hour south of there (Duluth, MN) and we have zero snow on the ground. 10-12 inches might be optimestic, but I hope not. Hopefully, ripperd2 posts back decent conditions.

-dan

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yup, i read trailconditions alot. I was at his place last year, and he rented one of my buddies a sled... I called around up there, and trails have a couple inches of packed snow, and no bare spots, and it will be in the 20's, so it should be decent riding. Especially compared to the riding I did last year around the twin cities.

-Dean

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Cool! Sounds like at the very least the conditions will be good enough for forest road and lake riding. I've been up that ways and never even rode a groomed trail, just spent the day riding forest roads and busting trail.

I should probably get off my a$$ and get up there myself,

Post back with results and pics.

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Originally posted by bigwilly
[br]Welcome to the forum pigboy.

Thanks bigwilly,

I just stumbled on the site a few weeks ago. Seems like a nice mix of ridders and not a lot of needless brand brashing. I'll have to post some pics of the old girl over at the 'my sled' forum soon.

-dan

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Got back last night... I'll write up a trip report and post here, pretty soon, after I finish reading all the posts here. We stayed at the knotted pine, dan is a great guy. Rode trails on friday, and rode forest service roads on saturday... Was a great time..

-Dean

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
[blue]REPORT![/size=6][/blue]

Had a heck of a time. Drove up there about 7:30 am, got there right around noon, checked in, and got some maps. Did a bit of crusing, didn't take any pics the first day.

At the bar that night we talked to some guys who were gonna do a little trip in the morning, and rode with them in the morning till they came back. Here are pics from that:

before leaving on the ride.

drag race tracks.

the sleds parked.

another.

After riding with them, we headed back and decided to ride to the trestle Inn, and have a burger (60 miles round trip) We got there just fine, but I had my temp light come on once or twice on the longer icy hardpack stretches, so I thought I'd look at my heat exchanger. Well, I looked, and it was fine, but I noticed that one of my front suspension crosshaft bolts had loosened out. The stress on the other side, broke the ear off my rail, and I lost a bogie wheel. Dammit! I made a temporary fix, and took it real easy on the way home, since my front shock crosshaft was only held in by a bolt on one side now. We made it back, slowly, and we went home shortly after (my dad was having electrical problems with his sled - finally found out why his sled blew lightbulbs frequently - his voltage regulator wire was twisted together and wrapped in electrical tape, and intermittently didn't make contact!)

Here are pics I took today while getting it taken apart. I'll hopefully get all the parts I need this week. (anyone got any slide rails for a 92 polaris skid???? non-xtra 10)

suspension out.

there she be.

Broken ear [:(]

other ear rounded out some.

on the shop floor. If you look close, just to the right of the toolbox is the rest of the broken ear...

I guess I ride a little hard! This baby is getting completely taken apart, cleaned, and cleaning every bolt and threads, and locktiting every non moving piece. I'm sick of breaking suspension stuff!!!

-Dean

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
are those the same rails they used for years and years??? if it is then let me look i might have a few of them around

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Hey Dean Sorry man i dont know what i did with those rails. I had like 4 of them around here at one point and i just cant seem to find them

1 - 17 of 17 Posts