Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just replaced the brake pads on this sled, but the pads are TIGHT to the disk, even with the cable adjusted all the way out. Is there something I need to do inside the caliper to back off some auto adjustment? The manual I have doesn't say anything about this.

Thanks.

·
Registered
699 Posts
i had this exact same thing happen to me........the caliper houseing has a auto adjuster in side of it and while the thing had no pads in it someone must have pulled the lever and when you pulled the lever it was self adjusting because with the caliper off there is nothing stopping it from goin all the way shut..... so what you are goin to have to do is take apart that little round cylinder piece that is connected to the caliper take that apart and watch the way it spins inside of it while pulling the lever then all you just go is run that little round thing in side of there backwards..... then put it all back to gether and then pull the lever after everything is back to gether until it stops the clicking sound then you know your back adjusted ..... here is the little round thing you must take apart it is circled in red....ps when you have done it correctly you will find the brake puck is resessed into the the round thing.......
/snofan/../images/users/exciter_man/90EX570PB11.jpg

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks exciter_man. That's what I thought was going on, but I wanted to confirm it before I pulled everything apart. I will tackle that job and let you know how it went.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I took the caliper apart last night and it was just as you said. I realized that I didn't have to take the two large bolts off, but I ended up doing that first. You only have to take the two small screws off to get to the stud that needs to be backed off. I was amazed that I didn't drop one of those screws.

I had to re-adjust the brake cable after I out everything back together, but it all seems fine now.

Thanks very much for your help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts