Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got my ultra q installed and when I took my stock muffler off I noticed my brake disc had been hitting my stock muffler...I knew I had heard a noise down there. Anyway, I installed my new one and only had about 3/8" between my disc and new can. Threw it on my stand and sure enough, it still makes contact. What should I do? Thinkin about markin the can and throwin a dent into it so it has a little more clearance. Anyone havin this problem with stock or aftermarket?

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
On the Pro-R? Wiggle the can real hard, sometimes whe ya mount it, it doesnt mate with the grooves properly and it will just drop in. Otherwise, check all the springs on the pipe, they might be out off wack. I doubt Ultra-Q would send out cans that had a problem like that.

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yup, on the pro-r. It's in right too. I'm sure of it. They are a tight fit, the stock more so than the uq.

So after lookin at it I determined that the ultra q really just has more of a scratch on the ceramic coating. The stock one had a dent though for sure. I ripped down my street and the scratch on my new one didn't get any worse so I'm thinkin it may be ok. It's kinda gay though that the stock one didn't have the clearence it needed. I'm gonna check my old man's for him tomorrow and see if it was hittin. I'll let you guys know.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts