Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ran my sled into the shop and the brake lights worked.Went too move it today and no brake light.Checked bulb-ok tried new bulb still doesen't work.Where to next??

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
brake sensor? if your sled has one. otherwise start looking at wiring to make sure that no critter's decided to chew on them.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Check the bulb socket for corrosion and a good fit. Check the switch at the brake lever. Trace the wires, including all connections, such as where it plugs under the seat. A good service manual with wiring schematics is a big help if you have one.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
I have never done and actuall scientific study on this but I would venture to say that 95% of electrical issues can be solved by tracing down all of your grounds and cleaning them up.

Your problem (on again, off again) screams of a bad ground to me. Start by backtracking your wiring to find any and all grounds and clean them up. I would be that is the problem.

Machines like snowmobiles that are subject to all sorts of corrosive elements (moisture, road salts etc) are tough on ground connections. Add to it the vibrations and shock that most sleds see and the issues become even more prevalent.

·
Registered
5,400 Posts
Originally posted by ShoelessJoe
[br]I have never done and actuall scientific study on this but I would venture to say that 95% of electrical issues can be solved by tracing down all of your grounds and cleaning them up.
Good advice, but in this situation I bet the connector simply fell off the pressure sensor on the brake caliper. I've had this happen.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Found the problem,both wires were off of the brake light switch at the brake as 650 said.What a job too get them back on.Why they came off is a mystery to me.Hope it doesn't happen again.

Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts