Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My sled is a 2005 Polaris 550 Supersport. Last year I noticed that I was losing braking power so I added brake fluid. After about 1 or 2 weeks my brakes started to fail and I noticed that I was losing fluid again. This summer I took a look at the problem again. I added fluid and determined that the leak was coming from the assembly housing the brake pads. ( It flowed fairly freely each time I pumped the brake. I took the brake assembly off the sled and I am wondering how I repair the brake assembly. ...Your help is appreciated...

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Rebuild the caliper, or find a good used one. Probably a small tear in the piston seal inside the caliper.

·
Registered
862 Posts
dsnider said:
My sled is a 2005 Polaris 550 Supersport. Last year I noticed that I was losing braking power so I added brake fluid. After about 1 or 2 weeks my brakes started to fail and I noticed that I was losing fluid again. This summer I took a look at the problem again. I added fluid and determined that the leak was coming from the assembly housing the brake pads. ( It flowed fairly freely each time I pumped the brake. I took the brake assembly off the sled and I am wondering how I repair the brake assembly. ...Your help is appreciated...
Time for new caliper, rebuild is needed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts