Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I pulled the sled out of the shop for the first time this year. 2009 Polaris RMK Shift 600 w/ 155" track. I just bought the machine this year, actually a month ago. As I began to test ride the machine, it was pulling hard when I let off the throttle. To the point it, it made me far forward a bit. I pulled the sled aside the shop, the machine off, popped the hood and noticed the brake disk was glowing orange:mad:. With knowledge I have, is there a caliper that is stuck from sitting over the summer??? I also called a buddy on it, he was thinking it could be something with the clutch??? If you have any ideas, please help me out!!! Thanks!

·
Registered
837 Posts
maybe the master cylinder is stuck? try bleeding the caliper to relieve the pressure inside the caliper and see if its still stuck. that should eliminate the master cylinder as the culprit if it is still stuck.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay thanks TNT123! I will see what I can do, I buddy was really thinking it has something to do with the clutching but ill try the master cylinder. Thanks again!

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
maybe the master cylinder is stuck? try bleeding the caliper to relieve the pressure inside the caliper and see if its still stuck. that should eliminate the master cylinder as the culprit if it is still stuck.
yea i agree, give it a good bleed and see if it makes any difference. stagnant fluid in the caliper could be causing the issue. if that doesnt make a difference maybe you have a defective master cylinder that is constantly creating fluid pressure??

·
Registered
76 Posts
parking brake on still ? Not an insult for I have done the same thing..

·
Registered
9,980 Posts
Definitely in the braking system, not the clutching, if the brake disk is glowing..

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I figured out the deal with the brake. Its locked up, just pulled it inside today to let all the snow melt off of it. I ran into another problem though. I doesn't even want to fire up, should only take 4 pulls, but that didn't happen. I checked the plugs, cleaned them up, looked a little wet. Wondering if since I left it outside over night with -15 + degrees that lines could have froze up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts