Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok maybe this is just a little bit of a rant, but why is everybody so brand loyal? Every brand in the industry has contributed something to the industry so why does almost everybody think that their brand is superior to any other brand??? I just don't get it, could somebody please enlighten me to this claim of their brand is better than any other?

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
i would say im brand loyal but i dont feel my brand is superior to other brands, they all have there strengths and weekneses I just like my cats.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Brand loyalty in the sense that you can prefer one over another is different than these "brand wars" that some people get engaged in. My dad actively engages in that sort of thing. Joking or not, I don't see the point in it, either.

·
Registered
295 Posts
i run ski doo cause i think it is a canadian sled, now don't quote me on this, and don't jump on my back for not supporting my brothers south of the 49 either. i order lots from slp and aaen performance. they have what i need and since i need it i order it. it's simple math. but in the past like in the mid 70's i ran cat,i really and trully like cat. my problem is i just can't stand too look at the cat dealer here. he's different. and i ain't givin 12,000 to ?

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Same reason there are Yankee fans, Cubs fans, all sports team fans for that matter, Chevy..Ford..Dodge, Nascar, TV's.....I could go on forever. There are some people that just like to belong to a certain "club" as you may, and fly the flag high because they are proud of the "brand" or "company". If they want to think theirs is the best...well let them...no big deal...it should not affect your life.

OH..I almost forgot...Polaris is #1

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
I run Cat's as much because I'm familiar with they're construction and maintainence need's as any other reason.
My brother has a 90 Polaris Indy 500, and I freely admit it's a great piece of machinery.
Although I'm not quite as comfortable on his sled, as I am on My Cat's.
The brand bashing that goes on really make's no sense to Me, and I try not too take any part in it.
As long as you're sled is comfortable for you, and perform's to you're expectation's, I really dont care what you ride as long as you ride.
Rick

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
http://www.snowmobilefanatics.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=56300&SearchTerms=brand,loyal

I am very brand loyal.

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
^^^That you are! It's just something else to argue about while you and the buddies are sippin' a cold one. Every manufacturer has their ups and downs and their moments...but I'm with XCSPDUDE and Polaris is #1...!!!Just talkin' some smack!

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
[attachment=50653]

Forgot to add that. Yamaha sled, FXR jacket, Polaris cap, Arctic Cat gloves.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
sleds are like woman.....you love the blondes but will ride a red head just to see what its like!!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
I own 2 Polaris sleds not due to brand loyalty but dealer loyalty. Finding a good dealer with excellent service is hard to come by in my opinion. For example a few seasons ago an engine sensor on my sled was failing retarding my power until the sled was undriveable. Dropped it off to the dealer planning to ride my other sled for the rest of the day but it was ready before I was done with my lunch. They pulled the part of a show room floor sled and did not charge me even though my sled was out of warranty. I will continue to drive Polaris for this reason, to bad they don't sell Yamaha.

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Originally posted by Festus33
[br]I run Cat's as much because I'm familiar with they're construction and maintainence need's as any other reason.
My brother has a 90 Polaris Indy 500, and I freely admit it's a great piece of machinery.
Although I'm not quite as comfortable on his sled, as I am on My Cat's.
The brand bashing that goes on really make's no sense to Me, and I try not too take any part in it.
As long as you're sled is comfortable for you, and perform's to you're expectation's, I really dont care what you ride as long as you ride.
Rick
That's exactly how I feel, I ride Polaris's because I've grown up with them and I know how to work on them becuase of being around them for so long. If I where to find a really good deal on some other brand sled I would buy it(providing I have the funds[:D])

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
I've owned and ridden em' all. I am not brand loyal. i'll ride whatever. I started on the back of a 69' Panther 303? and I would occasionally be on the back of a polaris trail indy, then, I got an Inviter ( yamaha ), then an Arctic Cat wildcat with a polaris 650 motor, then a Z 440, and now I have an MXZ. So, as you can tell, I am not brand loyal. Not being brand loyal makes it hard to pick a sled.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I am very brand loyal. I have had polaris my whole life (I'm only 18) but that is what I rode since I was like 7. I agree with the statement that all the brands have there goods and bads but I will ride polaris for as long as I can see. Although I have heard a lot of negatives about the new fusions, but then again I also here the are getting better.....POLARIS is #1!!!!

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
thers a bunch of ppl in my town thta i no that are brand loyal, one will never drive anythign but polaris, another only ski-doo, my uncle only yamaha

·
Registered
690 Posts
i dont think polaris is better than all the other manufacturers but i like them a lot and i cant see my self buy another sled except i did buy a arctic cat but sold it 7 months later. like they said above, its just like people loving a certain truck, sports team, etc, I was grown up riding polaris and that's probably what started my loyalty but i also like them because i like almost all the chassis they have had and they have had very reliable motors, it's all one's opinion

1 - 20 of 51 Posts