Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have no choice but to work on the old Yamaha Bravo. (one I've been fiddling around all summer) It's a 1998 Bravo long track. The problem is: the chassis is no good. I've riveted, nuts and bolted, but I don't feel that helped, at least it feels more secure. I have the track, slider, seat, chaincase, almost everything off the chassis. The question here is: I have a short track chassis with the track ripped a little. I can't decide whether to continue with the long track, or to switch the chassis to the short track. (it's more stable, but the track needs to be replaced?)

·
Registered
815 Posts
All depends on what you're going to be using it for...In my opinion, I'd go for the small chassis..I'm sure you could pick up a 2nd hand track for cheap....

·
Registered
146 Posts
Chassis should be around, you have the hard to find parts already. After they are stripped all that is left is the chassis, check the junk yard, ask around, you would be surprised.
Good luck.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's been snowing for the last two days, I guess I'd better start working on it. I finally got my digital camera, I'll post pictures asap. I just want the Bravo for the kids to use around town. Snowmobiles and ATV's are our main mode of transportation nowadays,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts