Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,888 Posts
Run it varying rpms for the first tank. Don't hold high rpm's for long periods of time.

·
Registered
3,888 Posts
Originally posted by chippymiller49
[br]when should i give it WOT?
Whenever, just don't hold it there for long periods of time until you run a tank of gas through it.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Agreed. its just as important to Braap er WOT for a couple secs every now and then as it is to run it easy. Dont forget to run extra oil. Just got done breakin in my new parts too.

·
Registered
291 Posts
theres well known guy who swears by breaking an engine in HARD by doing this it will seat the rings faster...wish i could find the link to his page

·
Registered
443 Posts
So how much mix do yo guys use during break-in.....just say 5 gallons or do you mix oil in a full tank?

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
i usually run it premix 40:1 along with the oil injection during break in. but then again i ride my sled like i would any other time during break in.

·
Registered
46 Posts
running oil mixed in with teh gas is not good as t leans the fuel mixture for break in run it for a whiel varying speeds run some wot runs and check compression as soon as compression raises a lot from when your first put it together the rings are seated and your good to go

·
Registered
777 Posts
break in oil[ x-tra oil in the tank] is not for breaking in a motor, its so you know your pump is working by watching the oil level go down in the tank, if your sure your pump is ok,
get it to operating temp, loosing it up for a mile 1 or 2 , and wot throttle runs ,its the hard accelleration thats going to seat the rings faster,
and i agree extra oil, will make it leaner,

1 - 13 of 13 Posts