Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got another ? on my 85 indy 600 just bored what precautions should be taken during break in from oil mixture to riding style.
Thanks again all you smart people

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
Well, I don't know about break in procedures or periods afer reading that one article that was posted a while back. They say run it hard right off the start. Everyone else seems to say take it easy for so many miles, blah blah. I kinda run middle of the road. Pour a little bit of oil into the gas, run it easier for 10-20 miles, then go harder with it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
myself and several sled owners i know say warm it up, then ride fairly hard(vary the rpms! all through the powerband, "BURP" the throttle like revving a dirt bike( mabey 2 little squeezes before a hard pull to around 7/8 throttle) dont hold on any one rpm for an extended amount of time, NO wfo across the lake!!of course these are only opinions( and there are many!!) but it never hurts to have a couple!

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
i usually run 2 tanks of premix gas on a freshly rebuilt motor (i have to premix on my sled anyways so i just richen it up) but i ride it hard just like i would normally. but no wide open across the lake runs till after my first tank is gone

·
Registered
17 Posts
I also just rebuilt my engine and the guy told me to be really easy on it for the first tank of gas and also to not go over like 50mph (or high rpm's)

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Burp the gas, and every little while open it up for 5 to 10 seconds, and start burping it right away especially when you are backing off. Have extra oil in the gas.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
I was always told to break it in like your gonna ride it. Well I have been tolds lots of stuff but thats what we do. Worked really well on my dad's Viper's first engine. That engine would smoke other Vipers with him piloting and hes not a lightweight.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts