Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am breaking in my new top end and wondering how many hours, miles, tanks of fuel, must I varie throttle and keep lower speeds. Thanks

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
i usually go a couple tanks of fuel with a little extra oil added to the fuel. your supposed to keep changing the throttle but dont let the rmps get too high try to keep it under 3/4 throttle. but in the end, if the top end was done right you shouldnt have any problems. my .02

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
polarisripper28 said:
i usually go a couple tanks of fuel with a little extra oil added to the fuel. your supposed to keep changing the throttle but dont let the rmps get too high try to keep it under 3/4 throttle. but in the end, if the top end was done right you shouldnt have any problems. my .02
Ok, great, Thanks. I got one tank threw it tonight and it run great. It sure is hard not to gun it. After the first hour I took it up to 100mph real quik and than let off. I dont think it hurt anything but you cant be to carefull.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
ya its really hard to not open her up. also warm it up before you go out too.

·
Registered
702 Posts
One take is all it takes. You can get into'er good just dont hold it at any throtle position very long. Just recently there was another person that brought this topic up and some good advice was given in it. You could probably find it in a wuick search. Check 'engine breakin'...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
WMarshy said:
One take is all it takes. You can get into'er good just dont hold it at any throtle position very long. Just recently there was another person that brought this topic up and some good advice was given in it. You could probably find it in a wuick search. Check 'engine breakin'...
Alrite, Thank you.

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Broke mine in with one tank mixed with oil, varied the throttle, didn't give it too much throttle, and nearly 1500 miles later, she still runs like a champ.

1,792 Posts
kingofkings said:
Thunder1 said:
Zcat600 said:
One quart of oil in the first tank, varied throttle, no wide open throttle.
Ok, Thanks again for the tips.
Make sure it's mixed very well.
If not mixed well during your ride, you ride like a grandpa. LOL [053]

·
Registered
384 Posts
Break them in, how you ride them. That's what i was always told lol

·
Registered
618 Posts
I just followed what it says in the manual: one tank pre-mixed with oil (IIRC, it's mixed in the tank 100:1) and varied the throttle with brief periods of wide open throttle.

·
Registered
764 Posts
yup thats how i do it.... drive it like your always going to drive it, i never treat it anymore special.... never had aproblem with that method either

1 - 14 of 14 Posts