Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This will make you wish you could switch places with the driver.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vk0FEKoEhPg

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
jesse500 said:
I feel bad for the motor
I wouldn't, if it's a 2-stroke, 2-strokes love to rev[thumb]

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
jesse500 said:
I feel bad for the motor
That amount of snow hitting the coolers on that sled keep it nice and cool. The motor will be just fine. Those sleds take it much worse when they go for long hard pulls up the mountain sides. Its not like he's holding it full throttle the whole time, you can hear the motor blip. It's much different than running hard pack at full throttle down a trail.

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was thinking about fuel consumption. I know days when I have been in front breaking trail it makes a big difference in your fuel economy especially on the short tracks with less flotation. Sometimes if we are going a good distance we will take turns up front to conserve fuel.

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
ZR600cce said:
jesse500 said:
I feel bad for the motor
That amount of snow hitting the coolers on that sled keep it nice and cool. The motor will be just fine. Those sleds take it much worse when they go for long hard pulls up the mountain sides. Its not like he's holding it full throttle the whole time, you can hear the motor blip. It's much different than running hard pack at full throttle down a trail.
Sorry I didn't realise it was full throttle most the time.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
TRICKPaint said:
I was thinking about fuel consumption. I know days when I have been in front breaking trail it makes a big difference in your fuel economy especially on the short tracks with less flotation. Sometimes if we are going a good distance we will take turns up front to conserve fuel.
Trick, I know what you mean. We've GPS'd our trips and gone under 50 miles in a total day out and run our gas real low. Running full throttle in the mountains is a gas killer but I wouldn't change it for the world!

·
Super Moderator
11,281 Posts
A perfect example of why you need big HP in the MTNs..150hp and 40mph at WOT.

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
Geez, how long is that track/tunnel? Pause at 3:19, it looks a mile long.

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
firecatF5 said:
thats amazing TRICK, where is that?!? because thats where i wanna live!!
Guess yo will have to go and watch it on the Youtube and review the comments below. Maybe it will state the location?

I'm pretty certain it's not Michigan or Ohio;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts