Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any one had experience with Blue Balls [:0],.... uh, sorry, I mean Blue Bulbs?
Anyway I'm looking for the replacement bulbs that are very white compared to the slightly amber stock bulbs. I think Blue Bulbs might be one type.

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Get the "Bright Lites" version of the clear bulbs. They use a Xenon gas for an even brighter white than halogen. They are NOT the blue HID lights like you see on the Audi's, BMW's and Mercedes, etc. Those are a complete headlight assembly, no bulbs. But if you like the look of the Blue lights you can get almost any size bulb with the blue tinted glass. Auto Parts stores are just crawling with the blue tinted bulbs. (I used to work for NAPA auto parts) I personally like the clear Brite Lites version because they cast the brightest light to the ground, and that is what i use in both my car and sled. The blue tinted ones are not as bright.

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
do a serach on this, someone last winter gave a very good explanation of HID lights and lack of...

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Here's an old post:

http://www.snowmobilefanatics.com/snofan/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3822

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
kimba - yes. It's says it right on the package too.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
I had blue lights in my truck. Don't do it. Stick with the bright whites. The blue tint might look cool when you're comming at someone but the tint doesn't do squat for seeing the road. Now on snow maybe they work beeter.

·
Registered
352 Posts
http://www.bluhmenterprises.com/frame_home.php?main=main.php

i found these they are the Xenon boosted bulbs.
and also i have been told that BLue lights work better on snow...so ive been told.

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
Originally posted by MegaMan
[br]

They are NOT the blue HID lights like you see on the Audi's, BMW's and Mercedes, etc. Those are a complete headlight assembly, no bulbs.
Hey, don't forget about new John Deere tractors, you can get them with HID lights too.

[:D][8D]

·
Registered
5 Posts
There was an article last year on the different bulbs, but I can't remember which mag it was in . They compared them all side by side in all for brands of sleds. If someone can find this article it might help alot.

·
Registered
352 Posts
well i went to NAPA (yes a car parts store) after reading info and found out my sled uses a H4 lamp and picked up a 100/90 watt Xenon blue light....WOW that sucker is BRIGHT!!!!!!!!! it came as a pair and the other one fit in my brothers Ski-doo so we stuck the other one in it and same thing BRIGHT!!!!! i believe the brand name wa A1C....they are the cool blue (and i dont meen as in oo cool i meen cool as in its the shade of blue) so we will see how blue does on snow.

·
Registered
352 Posts
PS it only cost me $16.00 bucks for the set of bulbs.

·
Registered
274 Posts
bought the blue bulbs 100/65 watts,
had em for last winter, hate em they suck in the snow, at dusk its like riding with no headlight at all, cant see moguls bumps anything,
goin to try the hyperwhites this year, had em in my car worked awsome hopefully they work just as good on the sled

·
Registered
352 Posts
well i have a yamaha....and my bros Ski-doo is actually brighter than my Yamaha...same bulb....and i think i have the hyper white...im not sure they bairly have a blue tint but it is there...not much though.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts