Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took out my carbs for cleaning on my 2004 Ski Doo GT 380 fan and I broke one of the towers that holds the flapper over the needle and seat. I need to get another carb now but i'm not sure how to match them up. The manual sais I got a Mikuni VM30-210. What is the 210 number for? Can I just get another VM30? Thanks

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Its a 30mm mikuni, should be able to find one at a wreckers or ebay

How did you break the carb?! I've never heard of that happening

·
Registered
222 Posts
210 is referring to your mains

·
Registered
117 Posts
ohh that sucks ive done it trying to drive the pin out. those ears are just cast so theyre brittle, i hate when that happens , you should be able to find a nother carb for under a hundred, if you shop around pretty hard.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah i was trying to tap out that pin to clean the needle and seat. One tap and I saw the pin move and then that post came right off!!!! I JB Welded it on and put the carb back together. I'll fill it with gas in the morning and see if it holds. So that 210 means my main jet size? Would all the guts from my carb fit any other 30 mm Mikuni? Thanks

·
Registered
117 Posts
sterios said:
Yeah i was trying to tap out that pin to clean the needle and seat. One tap and I saw the pin move and then that post came right off!!!! I JB Welded it on and put the carb back together. I'll fill it with gas in the morning and see if it holds. So that 210 means my main jet size? Would all the guts from my carb fit any other 30 mm Mikuni? Thanks
i would think a 30mm is a 30 mm aslong as its a mik.

·
Registered
741 Posts
one of my post broke just like yours in my xc 600, and im running it how it is and i havent had any problems...

·
Registered
117 Posts
ive done it too that pin holds it all together pretty well , the jb weld will help too , and i think its gas proof too isnt it

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I can't find a use 30mm but loads of other sizes. Could I just toss in two 34 or 36 mm carbs? Thanks

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Really? I can get away with this? So I can score some bigger carbs and boots and toss them in? Would that get me more power or will I blow up the motor? Thanks

·
Registered
117 Posts
as long as you jet it rite you shouldnt blow you motor, and you well get about 5 more hp to, they mite be good when you get them , youll have to run it to see

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
I guess I'm in good company. I did the same thing last year. My brother in law laughed his azz off at me. guess it happens more than I thought. I had thought of using JB to fix it but opted for a used carb. Still have the old card-maybe I will fix it and keep it as a spare.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Winks84 said:
sure even better, you mite have to do some jetting tho.
Woah Woah Woah. you cant just go and throw in Sizable larger carbs when your engine is set up to run 30mm. I read a thread on here a couple days ago where someone else wanted to do this to make their sled faster or something ridiculous like that and it doesn't quite work that way. In order to make the larger Carbs work you're gonna have to let your sled breathe more so you would have to gut your air box or get an SLP kit and then you would have to start doing jetting from there. As long as you go with a 32mm carb you SHOULD be okay after a little time playing with your jetting

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for the info. I used that JB weld on it and filled the bowl with gas and let it sit over night. JB is still holding tight. I'm hoping that works. What's the worst that can happen if that flapper falls off and the needle is open all the time? Will gas start to come out of the carb and go into my air box or exhaust? Is this bad? I'm gonna keep looking for a local replacement carb but in the mean time i'm hoping this holds. Ice fishing will be here in two weeks with this cold we've been getting up here. Thanks guys

1 - 18 of 18 Posts