Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Learn how to weld...or try buying a new one! In all seriousness, is the skid mounted in the stock holes or was changed along the away causing stress points! Just an idea!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Paul a photo would help us make a better guesstimate as to why

·
Registered
114 Posts
MNSLEDNECK56308 said:
Learn how to weld...or try buying a new one! In all seriousness, is the skid mounted in the stock holes or was changed along the away causing stress points! Just an idea!
Sounds like he's not getting proper penetration on his welds.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
if its on a polaris xtra 12 that is konwn to crack. its not the weldings fualt for the most part. i used to reweld them and had good luck in the short run, but eventually it will crack, theres alot more to welding than just the welding, on that piece if i was to keep fixing them i would look into annealing that spot, when you lay down a bead, if you looked at a micro scope the metal along the bead will be different than the regular metal. the problem is this tube gets alot more twist than i beleive polaris expected, i quit welding them because whats the point. nothing is going to go anywhere, with it broke nothing is moving out of place or causing handling issues. it is a great way for a dealer to get a couple hundred dollars in service money and another hundred or so in parts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts