Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 01 xc 800 the front (clutch side) motor mount moves excessively. How is the mount attached to the body; stud, bolt or what? Tried to loosen it up; but it just spins. Those who have had their 800's out, should know what I mean. Thanks.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Is a pain to do it. The motor mounts are two metal studs with the rubber holding them together. There is a rubber plug on the bottom of the front of the frame by which to acess the botton of the motor mount that is bolted to frame between the shock towers. If you have a skid plate you can either take it off or try to work around the steering rack. I had to replace the mag side when i had my motor out, and even with the motor out it was a huge pain. Hope someone knows a trick... the way I did it sucked.

·
Registered
123 Posts
lift out the motor and strap it to a high staionary object cherry picker and use a air chisel to turn the mount because mine did that and i did it at the poo shop and its not that hard at all just take off all motor mounts and lift motor u will have to take the carbs off and thats about it becasue u dont have to lift it up that high so ui dont have to take off wiring

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, got it fixed this morning. Just loosed up the other motor mounts and got it to slide out. Luckily, the nut just came loose.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts