Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night I went out to get the ol' '86 Indy 600 LE ready for this winter. I noticed the throttle block was broken. The part where the cable goes into the block was broken. It was also cracked parallel to the handlebars, so it was no longer tight on the handlebar. I started taking it apart last night, but it got late and I figured I would wait until tonight to start taking off the grip and handwarmer.

When I look at the Polaris parts diagram, they show a Throttle Block and a Auxillary Switch. I did not notice that there were two different parts last night. I am wondering what all the Auxillary Switch includes. Does it sound like I need that part?

Sorry, no pictures.

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Okay. I figured out what I need. The auxillary switch includes the big red square switch and the two throttle safety switches. That part was good. I just need the throttle block and the cover plate, which Polaris calls the throttle block adapter. The dealer didn't have the block in stock, so they have to order it. The good news is that I got the grip and the handwarmer off without wrecking either one.

·
Registered
875 Posts
You should have checked ebay for the whole throttle block assembly with the flipper and everything. Probably would have saved you some coin!

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
JosMN, yeah I probably should have tried that route. I figured the dealer would have the parts in stock and I would save time, but that obviously didn't work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts