Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy has a 2000 ZRT 600 completly stock with about 2500 miles on it. He says he is somewhat disappointed in its performance ie (holeshots and acceleration) What do you guys recomend. It is already studded and we know you'll probably say clutch kits or pipes. Need specifics on clutch springs and weights. We know the engine is running good and tuned up but he is worried about a twin polaris 600 getting him sometimes. Ha Ha Thanks

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He knew all the polaris riders would say something. lol
[8D]

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Well If i were him i'd be worried about that Triumph of yours. Now next if he really wants to get a better holeshot he "should" buy a complete kit as it will probably be a little cheaper in the long run, due to not making a mistake of buying a wrong part. But if all he wants is a better holeshot change your primary spring. Primary springs are double rated....usually compressed at 2 different heights. these ratings are usually in lbs. The smaller number of lbs is your engaugement and the higher number is usually the fully shifted clutch. To get a better Holeshot, simply look for a larger engaugement lbs rating but with a same fully shifted rating. But in doing this you will also change your shifting a little bit so a new helix and spring in the secondary may or may not be needed. If you do change primary springs, pay careful attention to your RPM's throughout its entire rpm range. You may also want to think about rebuilding the clutches as they are more than likely worn after 2,500 miles.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ya Triumph man he hates it that my sled is as fast or not faster off the line. And I'm not even studded! Thanks for the info

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
gear down, the early zrt and xcrs were geared way high for bottom end and midrange. he has the same or little more hp at the engine than the poos so a good clutch kit, gear down, chasis tunning will wake that thing up and he should spank that poo on a grudge race, all sleds are close up to there top end but he should creep away.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts