Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy is looking at a few new to him sleds. last year was his first year snowmobiling and he rode a 99 skidoo formula 500fan. he is looking at a 2003 skidoo adren 500 with 3100miles for $2400. Hes not sure of the new style sleds as he rode my 09 polaris shift 600 last year and my bros 09 yamaha nytro and did'nt like the high sitting and tippy feeling. He rode my wifes 06 polaris indy 500 and loved it. It rode better than his 99doo but not the high seating of the new ones. The sled i would like him to look at is a 03 ski doo rev 600 with 4200miles for $2900. What do you guys think is a better deal since I really don't know a hole lot on the doos. I think the 500 did'nt have many problems and I'm not sure of first year run of the revs. Any input would be great.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Doesnt like the "high tippy feeling"????? Is he a she???? Tell him to find a nice 2up and have at it[thumb]

·
Registered
36 Posts
my guess is the rev will sit to high for him, but thats a great price for a rev. that 03 adr should be a zx chasis i believe, thats prolly an ok price. eather one u look at check the carb boots for cracks. they usually crack on the under side. is that a 121in or 136 in track on that. i hear all the 03 zx chasis have the previous mxzx chassies and thats a stronger chassis of the zx's

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
I would see if you can talk the rev down to closer too 2500$ the rider forward sleds may feel tippy but it simply takes some getting used too. It will ride better and he will feel better at the end of the day.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
HAHA to funny. Me and my bro both told him he will like the new style sleds after he gets use to but he really don't want to hear it.

800DOO said:
Doesnt like the "high tippy feeling"????? Is he a she???? Tell him to find a nice 2up and have at it[thumb]

·
Registered
632 Posts
IMHO the rev is the better way to go. I can honestly say, even though it takes some getting used to, the rev is a stable machine. I have rode a 03 rev 600 X HO and it handled awsome, did NOT feel tippy at all after a little saddle time. The guys I know that have them say they can hardly ride the older styles, ZX, edge etc. The 'Gade has less miles, but the 'rider forward' design is here to stay and may as well get used to it now while he is just starting out. my 2 cents anyway.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
again my brother and i have said this time and time again to him. he is a cheap sucker though so he will always go for the cheaper sled

trailjunkie said:
IMHO the rev is the better way to go. I can honestly say, even though it takes some getting used to, the rev is a stable machine. I have rode a 03 rev 600 X HO and it handled awsome, did NOT feel tippy at all after a little saddle time. The guys I know that have them say they can hardly ride the older styles, ZX, edge etc. The 'Gade has less miles, but the 'rider forward' design is here to stay and may as well get used to it now while he is just starting out. my 2 cents anyway.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts