Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hate to keep bragging but....

BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP) - The National Guard was called out Friday to help Buffalo dig out from a paralyzing, five-day storm that unloaded nearly 7 feet of snow - an astonishing amount even for this city of legendary snowdrifts.

He who loves not his country can love nothing

·
Registered
278 Posts
All I want is 7" of white stuff.
I can't even find anyone in my area willing to take a 3 hour drive with me to the lower penninsula of MI tomorrow for a day of sledding. I guess my friends aren't as fanatical about sledding as I.
Hey Shanet why aren't you out enjoying the mass amounts of white?

RtkatZL8
2001 ZL800
Delta IIs
Power Breather
MBRP Silencer

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey, if I could I would be out in it 24 hours around the clock!

All the snow we got was lake effect, we haven't had a general snowfall yet.

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
I heard, I'm very jealous!

http://www.bolliger-mabillard.com

I Love B&M Coasters.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
those greedy SOB's that's a lot of snow, almost too much. You could bury your sled standing straight up!! I wish they'd share some of that SNOW with everyone else.

"Faster than a speeding ticket....and then some"

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Put them on your trailer and drive to my house. It is fun riding on a 7 foot base of snow! It was windy yesterday, so you know what the drifts are like in a field. huge ramps and soft landings!

·
Registered
44 Posts
I agree with Shanet963! The 7 foot base is nice. I live just south of the city and I got most of what they got. The measurement for us is only 5ft, but that 5ft started accumilating on Saturday, a few days after Buffalo got pounded. It was actually a little too much fluffy stuff. The snow is a real fine snow, almost like a frozen mist. It was clogging up everything! But it sure is making a sweet base for the season. Now all I need to do is buy a long track and I'll be all set! My access road to the main trails is a 4ft wide dirt road dug into the side of a ravine that goes straight down about 300ft! It's not fun to fall into and gets a little hairy climbing the thing with 5ft of snow beneath you on a short track...

This should be one of the sweetest seasons for sledding in the past few years out here in Western NY... Fun fest at Alleghany State park might actually be fun!

Mike

2000 Arctic Cat ZL500 - D&D Racing Can, D&D Clutching, Re-Jetted It, 120 Woody's, Various Appearance Acc.

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
And yet we sit here with 1" of "Teaser" snow. 5 FEET, your lucky.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I live south of buffalo and i have to agree this just might be one of the best seasons in a long time (so far). Knock on wood. but that is why I live in western NY. The trails are being well groomed. all the clubs are really doing a good job. so come and visit western NY BUT YOU BETTER HURRY WAARRMM WEATHER ON THE WAY MAYBE.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hey lov2ride... What trail system do you ride on? I ride the trails near Randolph, Cattaraugus, Cherry Creek, Ellington, Forestville, Little Valley and sometimes Mayville system, and last but not least... Alleghany State Park...

Mike

2000 Arctic Cat ZL500 - D&D Racing Can, D&D Clutching, Re-Jetted It, 120 Woody's, Various Appearance Acc.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts