Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys, I'm sick of rideing around on a little 500. on the trails it's just nmopt enough for me. BUT, over jump's it's great. unfortunatly the area I live in isn't great for that.

so... does anyone have experience building jumps and landings? if ya do, can you let me know any tips and/or tricks to doing it?

how high should I make it? how far till the landing?

any info anyone can give me would be great, especially you snoX motoX guys

sean, you do this alot, got anything to offer?

·
Registered
375 Posts
i just mostly jump the snowbanks. you ever seen slednecks 3 or 4, i forget which one but about 10 guys build a jump that curves backward at the top and one of the guys does a back flip with the whole sled, sticks it too, you can find the clip on kazaa or something

·
Registered
328 Posts
Thats slednecks 4 and you can download the whole thing on kazaa. In Slednecks 5 they have a ton of home made jumps, so you might wanna watch that to get some ideas, you can find that on kazaa also.

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
In slednecks 4 they build a jump over a house. And then that guy gets that real nice extra bend in his leg. That's very interesting.

Very gross.

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
ya....when he jumped that house in slednecks 4.....that was a good example of what u dont wanna do.....be careful

·
Registered
671 Posts
when ya build a jump, pertty much make a jump, theres differnt factors on how u can angle it if u wanna go high, or far. and the landing, it jsut depnds on how hard u hit the jump, and u can angle that too, the steeper the landing ramp, the smoother the landing, and the less angle, the earsier it is to land, but harder landing, cause you dont just ride on the to jump liek you would with the steeper angle, hope this helps any

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
SLEDNECKES RULE!!!!!!!! i got 1-5 of there videos im tryin to find Y2K now.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Originally posted by pro X 600
[br]if i make a ramp for a dirt bike and a atv if its 3-6 ft. tall do i need a landing????
it all depends on if u wanted to flat land it, flat landing most jumps hurt, you come out of the air and hit flat, where as with a landing ramp you should at least land at and angle which helps at not breakin suspensions and other parts on bike,sled, wheeler, etc...,

·
Registered
671 Posts
all depends on how far you want to go, how you build the launch ramp makes a big differnce on where to place the landing ramp, sometimes its jsut a guess, or else how fast and what u have to do to get that distance

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok, sounds good

·
Registered
109 Posts
one way to tell where to put the landing is to go on the side of the jump the get the start that you would if you were going to hit the jump and at the speed you would hit it when you are even with the lip get off the gas and see how far you coast and place the landing there

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ooooo

that's a good idea

1 - 14 of 14 Posts