Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm building my own sled. As of now its a 94 polaris sport sks body. A 1.2 inch track has already been installed plus, 106 studs.I have a polaris 488 motor. I am getting it mildly ported and the heads milled. Aaen pipe,chrome windshield,bar risers, and renthal bars are one the way. Anyone have any ideas what else to put on her. I know its an old sled but its a good summer project.

·
Registered
671 Posts
when puttin risers on, how high are you goin to go, and since you puttin renthal bars on it, your clamping area will be wider then sled clamps. i found this out on my xlt, if you get it tight enoguh it should be alright, but what i did was put a pro x rise on it. so make a pro x rise fit on your sled, you either have to cut that plate off, and weld on a 7/8 bar on there to clamp on, or do like i did and make an adapter plate that bolts on that plate on the steering post and clamps onto the rise, to make that work, you have to use counter sinked flat bolts to make it work. thats how i got em on my sled, just somethin for ya to think about.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks, i did find that out. I orderd msr bars today. Are the renthal bars bigger around or something. The msr bars are 7/8, but i thought renthals were the same. Oh and i'm only rising 2 inches.

·
Registered
671 Posts
yea, the normal renthals are 7/8, but you can get fattys that are 1 1/8, like my tag t-2's on my bike, then ya gotta get an 1 1/8 clamp kit. i was talkin that the clamping area, wheres its gorrved on the bar it set for motocross clamps, like the pro x rise, where as the noraml polaris is smaller

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I understand, but yeah i'm putting on msr black bars. I think they should fit. The only reason i'm buying them now is because i work all summer from nine in the morning till 6:30-11:30 at night so i have no time so i'm starting now. It should turn out alright.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well i geuss not many people know what to do to this sled, thats okay anyways i figured i'd give up on it today, i decided to start modifying my 97 honda civic dx coupe. Im have a brand new v-tec engine on the way.

·
Registered
199 Posts
older sleds r the best builders,imo,sounds like a good project.i put renthal bars from a cr 80 they were narrow so they cleared my windshield when turning & they fit the stock clamp.modifications that don't cost alot r the best,lighten that sled up,get some good suspension under it(extra 12! m 10!) gas shox!!make it handle great.get rid of the instrument pod ,it's an anchor,install a tach on the bars & a small head light.plastic skis r a must.some good grip 4 ur feet r real nice.and pay close attention 2 ur clutches, get ur sled on the pipe,engagement speed & shift speed.after u get her running real good give it a custom paint job.sounds like you'll have a real cool sleeper!!good luck

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Originally posted by indyman423
[br]Well i geuss not many people know what to do to this sled, thats okay anyways i figured i'd give up on it today, i decided to start modifying my 97 honda civic dx coupe. Im have a brand new v-tec engine on the way.
The 1.8 from the SI?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Originally posted by 93coty
[

The 1.8 from the SI?
u r so fast & furious,why not the 426 from the SE?maybe a chrome windshield and risers 4 the dx?![:eek:)]or maybe some of those cool looking fork lift tires and a wing 4 ur indy[8]

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
heh, yeah i'm not to informed about Honda's, but the F&F comment was a low blow. Anyway i'm sorry to hear that you took a potentially cool idea of building a sled and decided to do the really original thing and build up a civic.

·
Registered
199 Posts
didn't mean 4 the f&f comment 2 b taken so seriously'sorry if i offended anyone.but i really do think the chrome windshield belongs on the rice grinder not the sled.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts