Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I am getting all of the parts together and have started. I started out with a 98' XCR 700 chassis. I am making it gen ll and putting a modified 700 twin in it. Should I post pictures of the progress in the next couple of weeks?

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
Of course, post pictures, post many pictures~!

"Might Be Crazy But I Ain't Dumb" - Cooter

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
post post postpost post post!need more pics, take a bunch, take several, we are all interested, dont tease us any more, post them right away, quick, hurry!

·
Registered
948 Posts
Shyeaaaa! Giddy up!

-----------------------------
I think.... therefore I sled
-----------------------------
Two '94 Indy XLT SKS

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Yeah you should post pics of the mods and any problems that you may run into and how you solved them.

Captain of the Starship Polaris.....Crewmembers needed

Polaris is my way out - Other people just use a door.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Post away, post any day post while you play, post all you say. That would be great to see a picture. OK!

"Meaningless Ride"

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok, ok, I got some pictures of what it looks like tonight. I just got the old aggressive style bellypan off and this is what it is so far. The camera takes cruddy pictures, it is the best I can do.

This is just a friends sled. It is a 97' XCR 440 but now has a new xc 500 engine in it.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Wow that camera is really bad!! hehehe, what kind is it? just wondering. Looks like you have a project on your hands alright!! Good luck!

2002 Arctic Cat ZR 800 EFI

founding member of the Arctic Cat Mind Control Team......you will believe!!

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Looks like it's going to be a project.
? why would you put a twin in an XCR Chassis, why not go for a bigger triple like the new Fuji 800. OK I understand building a sled on a budget, but this particular swap seems odd to me.

Try turning off the flash on your camera or make the regular lights brighter

Member #2 of the Arctic Cat Mind Control Team

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Trust me, I could put an 800 XCR triple in there if I really wanted to. I don't think they are that hard to come by around here.
I just don't want a triple, I love the twins and am tired of triples. Anyways, this 700 will have upwards of 145 HP. It is modified a bit.

Oh yeah, that camera has no flash. It is a little $30 camera and is stupid, at least you can kinda see what is going on. I will try get some better pictures later.

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
so your taking an Agressive chassis and converting it to the Gen II, and dropping in a big block twin?.......awsome! is the front bulkhead the same, so you can interchange all the plastic cowling or are you modifying it to fit? i'm curious, that would be a fun project.

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The gen ll pan should fit on it pretty well, I am not sure where it will need to be modified to fit or not. Two of the motor mounts need to be moved. Might need to modify he plasic a bit.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
That really does sound like a huge project.....the frankenstein of snowmobile's! You really owe it to yourself to get a better camera, cause that thing is going to be worth more than a few pictures!!

2002 Arctic Cat ZR 800 EFI

founding member of the Arctic Cat Mind Control Team......you will believe!!

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
That looks like quite the project. Would be interesting to see it after it's done though.

Tree's don't make the greatest brakes...

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ahh, I got more stuff. I got the Gen ll hood and bellypan. The hood is completely blue, no decals. I got a seat, like the XCR, with wrap around tail light. Now it is almost time to move motor mounts around. Even got the motor almost ready to go. It just needs a couple of updates. Things are getting there! I hope it is done soon!

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
That thing is gonna be sweet.

"Might Be Crazy But I Ain't Dumb" - Cooter

1 - 20 of 66 Posts