Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
winter and snow are gone here in mass[:(] so i am trying to build a trail behind my house for atvs and snowmobiles next winter there is about ten acres i have chainsaws and a bobcat i was wondering what the best way to go about making a trail would be(seeing as ive never made one before)or if you guys had any tips for me. thanks

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
well if you can maximize ur space, draw out what you want and then when you do it try to use natuaral corridors, i would try to bank my turns to.

·
Registered
207 Posts
We built a little track at my buddies house couple years ago. we just cut up everthing that was in the way. Left alot of little challanges to get across but it turned out nice. It might take you awhile to get it how you want it, but once you get it done you will notice alot of "friends" calling to come ride your track [:D]

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Walk through and mark it out first, then go through and do any cutting needed.
This way you will minimize the amount of work needed to have a nice trail.
Use the natural contures for maximum fum.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the advice! ive gotten started but its alot more work than i thought very wooded, and does anyone know an effective way of getting rid of huge thorn bushes?

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
SledHed89 said:
thanks for the advice! ive gotten started but its alot more work than i thought very wooded, and does anyone know an effective way of getting rid of huge thorn bushes?
Napalm... [thumb]

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
SledHed89 said:
I would go to your local bobcat dealer and rent a brush hog for a day. Probably would help blazing a trail too.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
spread some desiel fuel on what you want gone and light a match. Very effective. Also, be sure to do only a little at a time, fires can get out of hand FAST!!!

Also do this a couple days after a rain or when the ground is somewhat wet.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
SledHed89 said:
brushhog or brushcat for your b-cat

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Use some of the trees you cut down and put logs in corners so you can build a berm up onto it. Nice big berms in tight corners means high speed adrenaline rush!

·
Registered
618 Posts
bobcats can be rented fairly easily - do all your planning and cutting ahead of time and use the rented bobcat to pull remaining stuff out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts