Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a trailer and I need one bad but find it difficult to part with $1000.00 at this point in time. On ebay I sometimes see plans for building trailers. See link below:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&category=10368&item=2426007793

or I see ebay offerings where the trailer is a put together. Costs about $750.00 and the shipping is free. All you need is plywood.

Anyone have any ideas on either of these?

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
I picked up a Spirit trailer at Sams club for $700 and have used it hard for the last 5 years. Still working perfect, added ski glides and a salt shield a couple of years ago.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That sounds pretty good. Is it steel or aluminum?

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
It is a steel trailer
But no problem towing with a half ton truck tracks great. And I have used it to haul a pile building materials in addition to sleds in the winter.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
you can buy the axles for couple hundred bucks, some 2 inch square tubing, i would go 1/16 wall but most are more comfortable with 1/8 inch, make a grid and screw down some ply wood, then you can make the axle and hitch like a boat frame, then set the deck on that frame, you can make it tilt or drive on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts