Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well me and a buddy have been talking about building a ramp for quite a while now, so we finally decided to do it. We checked into making a metal one but it was way to much money so we opted for wood. I got a genral idea for the plans from Team Sledcrew and did some major modifying. It's 7ft. tall, 15ft. long, and 6ft 6in wide. It folds onto itself for ease of tranportation.

Here are a few pics of the finished product.

[attachment=52667]

[attachment=52668]

[attachment=52669]

Attachments

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
You gonna use that for sleds? i might have to do up something like that, but iam ore of a high distance type of guy.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
looks good, but besides covering it in snow, how are you going to pretect it from studs carbids or even track wear?

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
wow that thing is sweet

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
me thinks you need an old track down the middle for some grip. if your gonan drive your sled on it. and some glides so dont go cockeyed when your on it

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah we built it for sleds, and no we didn't jump it with a quad we just rode up it to see how it held up. Were not quite done yet, we still need to put a couple old tracks up the middle for traction. I think what were going to do for the carbide issue is just put old ware rods on our skis when we hit it. Thanks for the complements!

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
It looks good but what about the studs and carbides? Did you take a quad off that ramp? What did that end up like?

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Originally posted by ArcticCat1
[br]It looks good but what about the studs and carbides? Did you take a quad off that ramp? What did that end up like?
if you would read the last post before you all your questions woulda been answered

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
but how are you going to stop the sled from going off side ways with no ski controll. they might not stay straight on that slippery wood.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was watching some sled videos and all they have on the tops of their ramps is plwood. The skis shouldn't be an issue.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Originally posted by roughrider99
[br]
Originally posted by ArcticCat1
[br]It looks good but what about the studs and carbides? Did you take a quad off that ramp? What did that end up like?
if you would read the last post before you all your questions woulda been answered
When I was posting what I was gonna say, he was also posting the answer at the same time so I didn't know. But, anyways back to the topic.

·
Registered
901 Posts
that looks like a sick jump nice work.

·
Super Moderator
11,272 Posts
Nicely done, put 2 tracks down the middle and you are good to go. Do NOT take your carbides off when you hit the ramp, I tried it and you have no control. It takes alot of hits befor it starts to tear the wood up.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
I have an idea, whenever it gets cold pour some water on the ramp and then let it freezes up, then repeat several times and if you got snow put it on as well and pack it down firmly!

·
Registered
625 Posts
Looks good and you will have a blast on it.If you make your landing out of dirt and cover it in woodchips you can practice when ever you want.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
^^^ what sickler said could be allot of fun

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Originally posted by sickler
[br]Looks good and you will have a blast on it.If you make your landing out of dirt and cover it in woodchips you can practice when ever you want.
We were thinking of that but it sounds kinda hard on the sleds.
Again thanks for the compliments.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts