Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys I'm first time sled buyer.I would like get some input on few sleds. Ihave been looking at these slads.Polaris xc700,rx warrior,sabercat600,skidoo mxz.what do you guys think of these sleds.thanks for your help.[:p]

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I haven't ridden any of the sleds you mentioned, but those new XC's look sweet. I would also look at Yamaha for reliability.

Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Looks like the warrior is a Yamaha, duh. People like them for trails and lots of smooth power, but say they are heavy which is not so good for mountain riding or ditch banging. I would get one if I could afford it for my type of riding, which is trails and lakes in upper MI. Of course if you like to go quick and fast plus do some jumping you probably would be happier with a 2 stroke.

Tell these guys what kind of riding you want to do and you will get plenty of advice.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
I am guessing based on the sleds you are looking at that you will be doing mostly trail riding? (No mountain sleds in your list) If this is your first sled a 600 or 700 is plenty of sled. Depending on what other types of recreation you have done (ie dirt bikes, 4 wheelers etc.) and how big are you. A 600 short track will accelerate and handle great on the trails and shouldn't break the bank for your fisrt sled either. I am an Arctic Cat guy and would go for the SaberCat but all the sleds you have listed are good sleds.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
One more little thing. The 600 is an EFI so you won't have to learn about tuning a sled until after you figure out how to ride one. Also the SaberCat is really light which won't wear you out as you are learning. Just my $.02 good luck and welcome to the sport (IT IS ADDICTING!!!!!)

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
I agree with these guys. We can brag about our favorite sled that you listed, but what we really need to help you out is more information on what you plan to do with your new sled. All 4 of the sleds you listed will feel quite a bit different when riding it. So it is quite important to know your riding style.

What kind of riding do you want to do? Trails, ditches, lakes, mts...etc

Do you ride aggressively or do you want a comfy cruiser with lots of power?

Do you need things like: electric start, reverse, mirrors, adjustable shocks?

We'll be glad to help you.

Like 2000TCMC said, it IS addicting!

·
Super Moderator
11,272 Posts
1.xc
2.sabercat
3.mxz
4.warrior
This is the order id buy them in "IMO"

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank for all of your imput the kid of riding I'll be doing lots ditch banging,lake riding ,some trail and deep snow.thank you again

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
MXZ!thats all u need to know. It is the perfect ditch banger, trail and lak.About deep snow, i dont know. If you get the mxz renegade then its the perfect sled for ll of those. Make sure to get one with hpg shox though, they are 20 times better than stock!

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
MXZ might be a little biased. lol

Given what you have said and because of cost I would eliminate the Warrior and go with one of the other 3 choices. They would all be good.

One thing that a lot of people don't think to ask is what do your friends or people in your area ride? I'm not saying you should be a follower, but this might be something to think about as it could be important when you have a problem, need to find a good dealership or even something as simple as sharing oil and parts out on the trail.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Did you make a decision?

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
I live in the the same city as M1...and all 4 sleds have their share of the market around here, and all have good dealerships too.

IMHO I love Polaris, and the XC with and aggressive track is ideal for around here....although the Sabercat is fun too, light, nimble and fast.

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Nice Sled!! Enjoy and keep the rubber side down.

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
thas awsome man, you are gonna have one helluva asled for your first, welcome to the wonderful world of sledding, with that sled you will never turn back [;)]

1 - 17 of 17 Posts