Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI I have tryed this once be for with little bit of feedback.I live in saskatchewn ,canada. there lots trails to ride and lots of ditchsto ride in and lakes to ride on . most of the I will doing is on the lakes in the feilds and ditchs ,maybe some trail.the sled I am looking at is the xc600,2004 will get the job yes or no.so that you know in case want to know I weigh 160lbs. thanks[:)]

·
Super Moderator
11,279 Posts
That sled would handle those chores fine..Id go with the 700 though for a little more power..

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Hey M1,
Welcome to the forum.
Pretty slow around here in the summer, that's maybe why you didn't get many responses.

I can help you out picking a sled for your terriane, becasue I live in Regina, SK as well. You are the first one on TUSF I've met from anywhere close to me...how cool is that.

Anyways...are you dealing with Alsport on a new machine...I bet they have lots of 2003's to pick from as well, sales have been slow.
I am 210 lbs and ride a '99 500 XC, and it has lots of jam for me.

My brother in-law has a ice fishing shack out at Regina Beach, and 2 years ago the ice was pefectly flat with few ice ridges, I had her up to 100 mph (according to speedo not radar) on the lake, what a rush.
We ride cross country lots too, south of Regina there are no fences or rocks, and when the stubble has fresh powder in it, it's a blast.

I just put a 1.25 paddle track on my 500 to aid in traction on the trails and in the fields, although I haven't tried it out yet, I'd still recomend the 1.25" lug.

The 600 class is the best selling, but your only 160 lbs. a 500 XC should be lots for you.
Is this your first sled?
Have you riden before, if so where?

I look forward to hearing from a fellow saskatchewan sledder.

My email is kevincarlson at sasktel.net
Feel free to call as well days: 522-5425

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hi fasenuf your the first guy I have seen from regina also.I ride out at my mom&dads.they live out at island view.I ride my dads indy trail 500 . IT's a good sled .I ride it on the lake when out there and in the feilds.I have had up to 80mph on the lake it's a blast .I'll be dealing with alsport they few 2003.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Where is Island View?
Is that on Long Lake.
I usually ride Regina Beach area (with bro-in-law), trails to and from, the creek around the valley is fun, and do poker runs too.
My favorite spot though is Greeenwater Lake north of Kindersley, very nice country, and more miles of trail than you could ride in a week.
Were you thinking of snow checking something, I'm not sure if that's ended or not, theres lots of good used sleds to be had too if you look around.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yes island view is on longlake 1k south of rowan's ravine provincial park.green water is very nice . snow check is finnished it ended april12

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Hey I know where that is...My bro in law puts his ice-shack there every year....wow cool.

So are you thinking a 2004, 600XC, 700XC?

The SKS (Outback for '04...i hate that name) is also a great all round sled, great for deeper stuff, but not so good if you want to beat a Firecat or 700XC up the lake to Baldy's....lol. They've got the same wide ski stance for stability, but a longer track and deeper lug for play'n in the deep stuff....if we ever get any.

Have you looked on www.canadatrader.com ?
A dealer in Kindersley still has a bunch of 02's and 03's left he's advertising on there.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Performance Marine on Pasqua St. also has some pre-owned machines, an SKS and and RMK too.

http://www.performanceregina.com/index2.htm

·
Registered
3 Posts
So what do you want/expect the sled to do ?
..What would you like it to do best.."Claim to fame"... Speed, acceleration, handling, ditch-banging, gas milage, light feel, powder performance, hard packed ?.. What's the most important thing to you ?
Rank them, and do some reading. You could end up with anything from an RX-Warrior to an F-5 Firecat.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Hey the 600 cc machines are plenty fast for most of what you say you want to do. If you think you might want to upgrade to a 1.25" paddle go for the cross sleds. they have a curved skid that rides like a short track on trails and gives better floatation when in powder. Man I wish I was shopping for a new sled. So many choices , so little time.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks for all of your help . I went to the dealer an order xc700 04 .I can't wait for it to get here. It going to be so sweet.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Sweet sled, Hang on it will fly!
I know its July but its never to soon to
Pray for a winter with DEEEEEEEEP Snow!
Congrats

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
all i want fer xmas is 3 feet well not all at once cuz thet would b brutal

1 - 16 of 16 Posts