Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
My birthday passed last week and I am now 16 which means i can now take the two mile road so i can hook onto a trail and go to school!! wohooo!! The trip will be about 45 minutes long one way on a railway line (don't worry it's an official trail and there are no more rails on it just the nice flat bed). I should be riding my 89 340 jag if i do upgrade (NOT likely) it will be a cat for sure. My helmet is a mostly Black Arctic Cat helmet that the previous owner bought with the sled in 89. it has orange and two shades of green on the side. My jacket from last year is now too small so i need a new jacket but i do have some nice snowpants.

Even though I will be doing very little riding on the lakes mom mom would like me to and basically orders me to wear one of those mustang Ice Ride Floater suits. Is it necissary to have the full suit or will just the jacket do the trick? I am just over 6 feet tall and weight about 180lbs. My dad says his old Ice Rider is a pain to wear and uncomfortable. Have the new models improved at all? Could you guys suggest a model or something of the Ice Rider or another suit that would be good for me? thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have been using an ice rider for about 8 years, and although I have never gotten cold in it, it is quite bulky. I am switching this year to another brand, possibly Choko. I wouln't be able to tell you how the newer models are but from what I have seen, they don't look like they have changed that much.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hear Choko is very nice. do they have the safety feature of keeping you afloat too?

·
Registered
93 Posts
all of FXR's stuff is relativley light and thin but remarkably warm, but i dunno if it'll float you around. do you live near alexandrea, MN per chance? e own a farm near nelson and sled the rail bed around there alot

1 - 4 of 4 Posts