Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I am currently retiring my 96 FIII 600, and I am still in the market for another sled.....I am looking for something around 96-99 in between a 500 and 700, twin or triple. I like jumping, running the lake, crossing water pretty much everything you can do. Got any good suggestions ? I'm open to all brands but prefer Ski-Doo.....[/size=4]

For every 1 mile of road, there's 2 miles of ditch....

·
Registered
412 Posts
Is it just me or are you selling the sled that you are looking for?

Jacqui

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
LOL, how ironic. SnowTech magazine actually has a suggestion for replacing that sled.

Oct/Nov. 2002 issue of SNOWTECH magazine has a little section on sleds to stay away from and sleds to consider instead. It says this, and i quote: "Stay away from any year ski-doo Formula III 600" and "consider instead a '98 or '99 MX Z 670 H.O." Actually sounds like a good suggestion. If you want i can type the whole article for you, it's not long. DPM will be a nice addition too. They're light, fast, and have a better chassis than the FIII.
Good luck.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
jacqui583
Well Im sorta heading towards a twin for the weight, jumping purposes stuff like that....But I really like how smooth a tripple is, and how well they sound. But I just thought I get some opinions from other people...

MegaMan
Ya sure if you dont mind? Or if there is a link to the article somewhere?
Thanx

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
I think the mx z 670 sounds like a perfect sled for what your loking for. Its fairly light, Its definatly got the power. and its ski-doo!

[red]GO HARD, OR GO HOME - THEY MAKE NEW ONES EVERY DAY[/size=2][/red]

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Its so funny how you guyz mentioned the MX Z 670, I was actually shooting in that direction...Lastnight I searched the auto trader and found a couple i was interested in.....

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Ok, here it is word for word p.56:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stay Away From..................................Consider Instead

Any year Ski-Doo Formula III 600.........98 or '99 MX Z 670 H.O.

Here we have two machines with very similar engine horsepower, but one is more of a cruiser and the other still kicks butt. The Formula III, whether it is in the heavier F-2000 chassis or the newer CK-3 chassis, is a tank compared to the High Output 670 in the lighter S-2000 chassis. The lack of needing to change jets on the DPM equipped 670 should be the icing on the cake.

-SnowTech

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanx Alot MegaMan.....I know the 670 is a rocket, and I hear its prety reliable. And the HO is supposed to be amazing. I wonder if they tell you to steer clear of the FIII b/c of that crank bearing? Mine never had a problem, I know all about that bearing though. If you run a good synthetic like Ammsoil you should never have a problem with it in my opinion....I would hate to see the FIII get a really bad rap...Mine was quick as hell, comfortable and served its purpose quite well...They are heavy but its nice if you run lakes alot...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts