Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im looking at a green F6 sno pro or a orange x-fire 600 and do alot of trail and lake riding so im looking for a good lake sled but can still handle deep powder. what can these do for top speeds?

I see the x-fire can do 94.58mph in 1/4 miles but whats the top speed? and F6 has been doing 100-110.

thanks for the help!

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Ok dreamometer speeds are one thing, actual are others. I highly doubt a f6 will do 110 mph, it might reach into the high 90s though. I quite like the xfires because they are a pretty good all around sled.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
what year crossfire/f6 are you comparing? The xfire is spinning a 136-141 track so you have to take into account that they are geared lower. I would imagine that with a rough estimate that the f6 would have anywhere from 7-15 mph over the xfire.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Empire087 said:
Ok dreamometer speeds are one thing, actual are others. I highly doubt a f6 will do 110 mph, it might reach into the high 90s though. I quite like the xfires because they are a pretty good all around sled.
Sounds like your assuming things with the F6. The F6(Firecat) is still the top sled in XC races around here. I went on a speed run with a 05 F6 with minor clutching(everything else stock) and got 109 on GPS 113 on speedo. Anyways, If you want speed, grab the F6. The Crossfire has a longer track and is good for off trail/powder riding.

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
It depens on what F6 you're talking about. There was the F6 Firecat which spun a 128"x13.5" track where the 2007 and newer F6 has a 128"x15" track.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts