Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it's done. I sold my 1998 XCR 440 SP. When I bought it, I never thought I'd sell it.

I took some pics of it b4 parting.

I wasn't too excited, but when my new machine comes in, I'm sure my mood will be improved. Hell, this is the first time I've been without a sled since I was 12 or 13 years old.

Ride the Best!

·
Registered
671 Posts
well its always sad to see a loved one go, but i hope u make a nice new home for ur BRAND new one

Ride it like you stole it!

·
Registered
117 Posts
CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I was going to suggest we all take our hats off and observe a moment of silence. Then I remembered it's only a Polaris. Hehehe.

Jeff

RIDE SAFE - RIDE SOBER

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by trailblazer:
CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I was going to suggest we all take our hats off and observe a moment of silence. Then I remembered it's only a Polaris. Hehehe.

Jeff

RIDE SAFE - RIDE SOBER
[/quote]

Watch what you say when I'm in a mood

Don't worry, I'm getting another Polaris.

Ride the Best!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Yeah. I know.
What are the added hold down straps for on the bottom of the hood
on the side?
I'm asking because they look like they attach at the bottom of the
hood and then don't really go anywhere except further up on the hood.
Is that you in the picture or the new owner of your baby?

Jeff

RIDE SAFE - RIDE SOBER

·
Registered
777 Posts
well. if thats a pic of you.you should be happy.by looks of your suit .looks like you spent to much time working on it,,,,,,,,,,,, Hey i,m just messing with ya.looked like a great sled,,,,,,,, Xc Special.,,you ever ride in the sandilands

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

I bought the sled from a sno-cross racer, those added hood straps actually go from the hood to the ring thing around where hood and belly pan meet, it was to keep the hood from popping out on the sides during races.

That moron in the picture is me.

Those overalls I'm wearing I use when I'm working on the farm, so that's where most of that black stuff comes from.

Ride the Best!

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just noticed u asked if I rode in the sandilands, and ya I do, we go there quite a few times every winter.

Ride the Best!

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
its always hard to part with a loved one, you look pretty depressed in the pic, maybe you should go talk to someone, hehe

anyways, what you gettin now, im sure you told me, but i forgot, oh and do you think your old sled will call or write???

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
It's sad to see it go, but it's cool because your selling your red rocket for an even faster red rocket.

Congrats on the new sled!

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

I'll probably be seeing a lot of the old XCR, it only went about 3 miles west of where I live now, the guy I get all my parts and stuff (and new sled for that matter) bought it.

I'm slightly upgrading from a 1998 XCR 440 SP to a 2003 Pro X 600.

I can't wait to get the new one!

Ride the Best!

·
Registered
277 Posts
Hey P-Man, when I sold my 93 XLT special back in 97 I was sad. The sled was mint, just like the day I bought it. Then I bought my new 97 XCR 600 SE and I was real happy. Forgot all about that XLT until I saw it on the lake 2 years later. Beat to a pulp!!! I wanted to grab the guy that bought it and slap him silly. I took care of that sled for 4 years and it looked like the day I bought it, when I sold it to this clown. And it only took this guy 2 years to make it look like a piece of junk. Look at it this way, you enjoyed your sled for the last several years and you'll never forget it, but theres nothing like new technology. Once you get on your new ride, you'll see just how 'old school' your old sled was. Cheer up!! The best has yet to come!!

'HAMMER DOWN !!'

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by xltman:
its always hard to part with a loved one, you look pretty depressed in the pic, maybe you should go talk to someone, hehe

anyways, what you gettin now, im sure you told me, but i forgot, oh and do you think your old sled will call or write???

[/quote]

That's funny [email protected], you do kind of look depressed! Like everyone said, once the new one is in the garage you'll feel all warm inside again!!!

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
PRO X 600.....PRO X 600..... Ever ride one? I think you know that this sled is awsome. and even capable of converting other brand faithfuls in a single ride. Why its... its faster than a speeding bullet, its more powerfull than a locomotive, its able to leap tall buildings in a single...... oh no wait, that was superman. Pretty close though. Good choice... enjoy

1 - 16 of 16 Posts