Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sold my Xlt tonight! got exactly what I wanted and now I have time to find what I want before the snow fly's (PRO X). Just kinda excited is all so I thougth I'd post!

Rich

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
What type of Pro X u lookin for?

2002? 2003? 2004? Pro X? Pro X2? Pro XR? Race Pro X 440?

·
Super Moderator
11,272 Posts
Its always nice to upgrade..[8D]

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yup I'd like a pro X 440 or 600 no larger. 02 or 03 maybe an 04 see if there are any deals. Gonna check out the snowmobile show and see what things are going for.

Rich

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
For riding trails I wouldn't bother with a 440. The high compression heads and small fuel tank, along with the price just doesn't add up for me. I would stick with a 01-03 600.[^]

·
Registered
89 Posts
What year was it and what did you get for it? I am trying to talk my brother into getting a new sled and selling his 96 XLT. He likes his XLT but I think I could get him out of the house more if he had a new sled.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
it was a 1994 XLT SP I got 2 grand for it. That was my bottom line though and I sold it to my uncle. He loves the sled had ridden it before. He is going crazy for snow now. Just like the rest of us!!! Here's to an ealy winter (B)

Rich

·
Registered
352 Posts
once its in you get the fever it NEVER goes away!!! atleast till you can ride :D

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok here's my next confusion? PRO X 440 liquid and fan what are the differences. does the fan have the regular tank or is it small too ? anyone?

Rich

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
The Pro X 440 fan and the Pro X 440 liquid are completely different.

The fan cooled has a large 12 (I think) gallon fuel tank, runs on pump gas and has the normal seat, along with normal Ryde FX shocks with only the rear track shock having a resevoir and a clicker. This year the fan was replaced with the 550 fan engine.

The liquid cooled one has hi comp heads, race seat, 5 gallon fuel tank, no oil injection, and walker Evans shocks. It also carries a much larger price tag...

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ok so the Pro X 440 fan would be a good everyday sled then no?

Rich

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
My friend has a 02 Pro X 440 fan and it is a good sled for driving on trails and stuff, but there is a reliability issue with it. He blew the engine after 800 miles...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts